- 03-17-2005, 10:56 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
My ds in now 6 months and has been having difficulties falling asleep. He rubs his eyes often and for long periods of time. Will this give him astigmatism in the future?
- 03-18-2005, 07:57 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
- Ma On Shan
Eye-rubbing when sleepy is perfectly normal and as far as I know, astigmatism is a medical condition caused by a problem with the eye, and is not self-inflicted. Unless he startes rubbing his eyes when he is not tired, I wouldn't worry, just make sure his hands are clean. Rubbing his eyes before he falls asleep might just be his routine that he has developed, and he will probably grow out of as he learns to put himself to sleep.
- By Aava.Wong in forum Baby TalkReplies: 9Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:02 AM
- By karenchan in forum Family HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
- By Cherrelle in forum Baby TalkReplies: 5Last Post: 06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
- By TayTay in forum Family HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 11-24-2006, 04:11 PM
- By msmslau in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2006, 11:34 AM