Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to shop for baby clothes

jenwongng is offline Registered User

Where to shop for baby clothes

Hi, I am newly married (less than a year) and pregnant with my first child in a new country with no family and friends here in HK. I grew up in Manila and therefore used to things there (where things are really inexpensive & of good quality).

Can anyone suggest where I can buy inexpensive everyday baby clothes (tie side shirts, bibs, body suits, etc)? We live in Midlevels so I am just familiar with stores in Central (where the baby shops there are so expensive!). I do not mind if it's not branded, or even made in china clothings, so long as it is of good quality.

Also, where is the best shopping place in town where everything is there and not so expensive. I noticed that HK loves UK & Japan brands whereas, Manila loves anything US made (which is relatively cheaper).

Thanks for any help or suggestion you can make.

heli is offline Registered User

Stuff for new baby

Hi jenwongng,

For the baby clothes (tie side shirts, bibs, body suits, etc), you can go to Tai Yuen Street in WanChai. Most of the baby clothes in there are export goods. Quality is very good and price is reasonable. For example, a pretty brand body suits just only cost $20 each. I think there is most closed to your home.

Most of the HK people like Japan brands because of their design and size are suitable for HK people.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Don't forget Fa Yuen Gai (Flower Garden Street) in Mongkok - lots of bargains in baby clothes. But look at lots of shops & stalls first to be sure you find the best quality and price.

For some basic baby stuff (like flat cloth nappies for burping, etc.) Yue Hwa in Jordan is a good stop.

Some stalls in your local wet-market may have very cheap baby stuff - I was able to find decent nappy covers in some.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Li Yuen Street, off Queens Road Central have a couple of outlet stores which sell baby clothes, I've seen Baby Gap, OshKosh, Mexx, Next, Mothercare, Disney in the shops, they are cheap, starting from around 20-25 dollars, you have to rummage around though to find what you need.
    Last edited by Rosewood; 03-22-2005 at 10:55 PM.

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    Also, if you don't mind going out a little further, I just went to Stanley market and there are quite a few shops full of baby clothing and kids clothing. Managed to pick up some bargains there on body suits, blankets and the lot.

carang is offline Registered User
    i bought 99% of my baby clothes at the market in sham shui po... i wasn't concerned about "quality" as i figured that he would outgrrow the clothes so fast, he'd probably only wear the things for a couple of months then need new stuff...at that market i bought trousers(kind of like pyjamas/sweat pants) and "monk" shirts(they have little ties on the sides and look like buddhist monk's robes) for $6 each!!! at that price even if they only last a couple of weeks, you can afford to get new ones! the one pieces that i bought there started at $20-25 each as well...

besides, many of the very nice, good quality things my son has were gifts from friends...(he even got some shanghai tang!!!)

Fafa is offline Registered User
    I think Le Compaigne De Petite is good choice and value for all mammies. I often bot clothes there at end of each season when the shop was having at least 60% off. HKD 500 is eng to stock up the next season wardrobe for my princess.

If your kid is of small built, then you can buy for exactly next age. Otherwise, can go after oen size bigger than next age.

Their quality is real good - no shrinking, no color fade out!

Cheers

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Hi Fafa - Where are Le Compaigne De Petite located?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast