Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a charities for help.

ayinba is offline Banned

Looking for a charities for help.

I am expecting my babie this month end and most of the charges and fees i read online makes me confused, i came here for teaching job but on getting here i was told i will have to wait until i am delivered and no airline is ready to take me back due to the fact that i am almost due, please could anyone know any organisation that can come to my aid or recommend any hospital that the charges are relatively cheaper. I am presently reside in Hong Kong.

Thanks
    Rita
    Last edited by ayinba; 03-25-2005 at 07:06 PM.

bigmama is offline Registered User

bigmama

Hi there,

the following info. was copied from one of the thread sometimes ago, but I don't think there is a huge rise/change of it, best to call up and check. Good luck. ( I assumed you have a HKID card right? so you can use the general class )

Queen Mary Hospital :

General class
    For general class, it costs $100 per day and it includes all investigations and procedures for Hong Kong residents. In addition, there is an admission charge of $50 for the patient only on the first day of admission. General patients should register at Tsan Yuk Hospital (providing antenatal service for general patients) although delivery will take place in Queen Mary Hospital subsequently. As a general patient, please book in our antenatal clinic in TYH (phone No. : 2589 2236).

Private Class
    For private patients, the daily charge for a first class bed (single bed room) is $3,900 and for a second class bed (double bed room) is $2,600.

All investigation and procedures and doctor's consultation will be charged according to the itemized revised fees and charges laid down in the Hong Kong Government Gazette on 28 March 2003. For your information:

First Antenatal consultation $1500
    Subsequent Antenatal consultation $1000
    Normal vaginal delivery $20,000
    Vacuum extraction: $20,000
    Breech extraction: $20,000
    Forceps delivery: $21,000
    Caesarean Section $31,800 - $34,100 (anaesthetic charges included)

Please note that the consultation fee does not include itemized charges, such as drug and investigation charges.

Private patients are required to make an advance payment (deposit) of $58,500 (1st class) or $39,000 (2nd class) before admission.

As a private patient, please contact Ms. Irene Lee, Department Operations Manager (Obstetrics & Gynaenology), Queen Mary Hospital/Tsan Yuk Hospital (Tel: 2855 5590) who will arrange for a Professor/Consultant to see the patient.

If you are interested to know more about us, you can come to our tour round which is held every Saturday at 12 noon (There will not be such tour on public holidays or when typhoon no. 8 or above is hoisted). The gathering place is at K Block 6/F, i.e. the lobby outside K6S ward of our Hospital. A staff will guide the visitors around. You are welcome to join the visit and learn more about the service.

With effect from 1 August 2003, the visiting hours for the obstetric & gynaecology wards will be limited to 3 hours per day and no more than 2 visitors per day. Visiting hours are from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. However, husband accompanying wife in labour will be specially considered. Please contact the nursing officer in charge for necessary arrangement.

Children under 12 are generally not permitted in patient care area and pregnant women are strongly discouraged from visiting the wards.

In all circumstances, visitors' details would be recorded to facilitate contact tracing if required. A health declaration form is available at the Hospital Enquiry Counter, G/F, Main Block for completion and submission to the staff of the visiting ward. Health advice and information on proper infection control precautions is printed at the back of this form.

Pansy Lim
    Senior Hospital Manager
    Queen Mary Hospital

ayinba is offline Banned

Still need help and information

I had seen the charges but i cant afford it and that was why i was looking for a charity organisation to come to my aid, and moreover i dont have Hong Kong ID card. If anyone knows where to send me to just to give birth and have my baby i will be more happy.

Thanks
    Ayinba

jane01 is offline Registered User
    ayinba

I am sorry to hear of your situation.

Which country are you from? Have you contacted your consulate for assistance?

You say that you do not currently have a HK ID card. If you came here to work, you would have been sponsored by your employer - you can't work on a tourist visa. With the proper paperwork, you can apply for a HKID card. You will receive a temporary card (a piece of paper) until your plastic card is ready, which you can use to access hospitals/etc. Have you looked into applying for an ID card?

May I ask where the baby's father is? Can he help you?

How many months pregnant are you? Cathay will fly you up to 36 weeks. Other airlines may have other policies.

Who is your employer? Have you requested assistance? Surely they have some responsibility for you in HK, given that they have apparently sponsored you to come here.

You must have signed an employment contract to be given a working visa to come to HK. Once you are employed, I understand that under HK law an employer is not able to terminate you by reason of pregnancy. If this is the case, or even if they are just delaying the start date/paying you until after the baby is due, contact the Equal Opportunities Commission for assistance.

Best of luck

ayinba is offline Banned

Looking For A Charities For Help

I am in my Ninth month and according to the last test i did i am due any moment from now and that was why i am so confused and do not know what to do again. I am from Republic of Ghana and i hold a degree in Information science from University of Legon. I was not sponsored by an employer to come here but search and got a school to teach and because of my pregnancy i was told i have to deliver first and even the school is not ready to take any responsibility until i have a contract.

I am still new here and do not know how to go about things, all what i am just asking for is to get charity organisation or kind hearted individual who might help with the hospital fees since i cannot shoulder the responsibility alone or if anyone know where i may go for assistance so that i can give birth to my baby safely.

Best regards,
    Ayinba Rita

jane01 is offline Registered User
    There is a charity called Mothers Choice, which may be able to assist. I believe they are located in Midlevels.

Also, I'm sure that any church would be able to give you some further information on the best means of assistance.

If you are that close to delivery, you need to be medically monitored ! Go to a hospital with a maternity unit and see what they can do for you.

Do you have a consulate in HK that can help you?

With good wishes

ayinba is offline Banned
    Thank you so much and may Almighty God continue to bless you and do wonder in your life also. I will contact the Mothers Choice and get back to you again about the outcome, I just pray they will be able to assist me with my pregnancy.
    Once again, i say thank you for the encouragement and the advice.

Thanks
    Rita

Sara is offline Registered User
    Rita:

Please contact St. John's Cathedral's counselling service on 25257207. I think they might be able to help.

Best of luck.

Sara.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top