Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

backyard anyone?

kerls is offline Registered User

backyard anyone?

hello we are relocating from brisbane australia and would like to provide our kids with a backyard etc to make their childhood as "normal" as possible
    is there anywhere where one can live a semi rural lifestyle without sacrificing schooling etc and be within an hour or so of the city?
    i work at the airport if this helps with your responses
    thanking you all in anticipation
    feel free to e-mail at [email protected]

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi Kerls,
    You might want to try Discovery Bay. Some of the properties here have gardens, though you do have to pay more for them. If you work at the airport it's ideal, just 25 minutes or so on the bus; a direct service from Discovery Bay.

We live here and love it. There are other areas that are more rural, but one of the reasons I like DB is because it's a real community; almost like living in a village. Hope that helps.

Jools

Sara is offline Registered User
    Hi kerls!

We also live in D.B. and work at the airport. It's great.

South Lantau is another great choice for people working at the airport. Lots of houses with yards, at much lower price than in D.B. Much more rural too, and with an international school. Not as quite convenient as D.B., but very close.

Sara.

gini is offline Registered User
    I live in Gold Coast. The rents are very reasonable and facilities are good. They also have shuttles every hour to the airport, more frequent shuttles to the city. The mall also has great restaurants.

Scroll to top