Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

eco friendly nappies

alimacg is offline Registered User

eco friendly nappies

Does anyone know where I can but eco friendly nappies in HK. Back in the UK I used a brand called Moltex( german make) but you could also get Tushies or Nature Boy/Girl.

Sylvieng is offline Registered User

I did'nt even know that eco friendly nappies existed. So I was looking toward cloth nappies... but could only find one brand in Bump to babe...

Hope that there will be more answers!

JennyB is offline Registered User

Cool

Here is an earlier thread I started on cloth nappies:

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthr...hlight=nappies

We have now been using Motherease for more than a year and very happy with them. Whenever we use disposables when travelling or we have not kept on top of our washing ;-) we still use the Motherease covers to avoid leaks - poo in Pampers always spreads straight up our baby's back, whereas an elasticated cover keeps almost everything in. If you order direct from the website it's not too expensive esp if they could be for more than one baby. The website recommends ordering heaps more than we have bought, which is 18 and we manage to line-dry them 95% of the year.

If your heart is set on Eco-disposables then talk to Bumps to Babes about it; I'm sure they'll consider stocking anything *if* there seems to be enough demand. I would certainly buy them in preference to Pampers or the like, as we do go through a few when travelling because although we do take our cloth nappies travelling, we don't use them for the last couple of days before travel because 2 days worth of wet nappies is quite a weight and I have problems with excess baggage anyway! (Can't believe airlines only allow 10kg for babies and 20kg-odd for me when baby's luggage weighs 3 times as much as mine...) Surely BTB have the space on their shelves and this would enhance their reputation for being a one-stop-shop for baby things. If you won't need them for a few months, they might even do an individual bulk order for you, which is added to one of their shipment containers.

Thanks Jenny. I've read the topic you're talking about.

But it seems so difficult to buy from US, Canadian or even Singaporian web site. I wanted to know if there were something in HK really.

I have found yesterday a new brand : Bambino Mio, at Eugene Group club. But I don't know if they are good or not.

Those in Mothercare have to be folded... and I want easy ones to use or I will be the only one to change baby !!! I'm sure of it !... That's not fair. I want the daddy to participate ;-)

I still have to go and see those in the chinese department stores...

Alimacg, I didn't see any of the brands you're talking about at Eugene group club.

ZoeG is offline Registered User

Tushies

If you're looking for Eco-disposables, then you can buy Tushies in Bumps to Babes. I've got a sample of the Motherease cloth nappy and they are really good quality, but my 6-weeks old's legs are still a bit too skinny to use them! In the meantime I'm using Tushies.

JennyB is offline Registered User

Sylvie, I don't think it's difficult to order from overseas websites if you've got a credit card. The Motherease website for instance is very good, the shipping rates are reasonable, and ordering can take minutes, compared to however long you might spend traipsing around the shops! Obviously it's nicer to actually be able to touch the product before you buy, but not essential. Happy shopping/surfing!

Hi Jenny.

Yes, it's true that it is not so difficult after all ;-) I have already made a try on Bumwear, and I will try Motherease since you seems very pleased with them :-)

At first, I really wanted to see the product because I've never saw cloth diapers, and it's not so easy to understand all the explanations and descriptions in that case. But now, I think that I have graps most of it so I'm ready to buy on internet. :-)

But anyway, shopping for the baby was also quite pleasurable. It's my first one so it is also a way for me to live my pregnancy and see all the places where they have things to buy for her ;-) I must have seen most of the shops in the directory of this site ! Yeah !!! hihi...

jdang is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Bumwear

Sylvie,
    I've been using BUMWEAR on my girls for nearly a year now. Rest assured the quality is good. I've been using & washing the same 6 pairs of diaper pants everyday & they're still going strong! I threw them into the washing machine every evening & air to dry. By the time my girls wake up in the morning, the diapers are dry & ready for use!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast