Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Treatment for cradle cap?

shalom is offline Registered User

Unhappy Treatment for cradle cap?

my 3 month old son has very bad cradle cap. it's hard yellow crust at the top of his scalp and sometimes it even smell. i rub baby oil on his scalp everyday and wash his hair once every 2 days but it doesn't seem to improve at all. sometimes the old crush fall off and new ones are formed. does anyone has the same problem? if so, may i asked what was your solution for it and how long does it take before it vanished totally?

jmunroo is offline Registered User
    Hello!

I have the same problem with my 3 month old, I was told to use Olive oil but it doesn't seem to help. Now my baby smells like a salad! Any ideas anyone?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Our first one had cradle cap. Olive oil worked very well for us. You just put the oil on a cotton ball and massage on areas where you see the crusts. Let it stand for a bit, then use a soft infant brush to brush off the loose crusts. It will take a few days, but it will clear (at least it did for us).

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    My son is now 9 months, but he had cradle cap as well. We used olive oil in the beginning as per my UK doctor, but then my US pediatrician said johnson's baby oil works even better and it did! apply before bathing and leave in the hair/scalp for at least 30 minutes, then wash out...it will lift all the clumps and then you comb through to get out...

miaka is offline Registered User
    we used olive oil and let him marinade for 30 min or more. then i just used my fingers to gently scrub it all off. one time got most of it. i missed a few spots so we did it a second time about a week later. also we didn't wash his hair everyday bc it really dried out his scalp.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    vaseline works really well too. just rub it on scalp in the evening. leave it overnight. wash out the next morning and use a baby comb to comb out the flakes - they lift from the scalp very easily. should also mention that some of my baby's hair fell out once when i did this - made it easier for removing the cradle cap next time ;-)

Cici is offline Registered User
    whatever oil you use remember to try and use the shower to rinse off rather than a bowl of water- the running water lifts off the crusts better, thats what my midwife in UK told me anyway.

RHYY is offline Registered User
    My baby has bad cradle cab too. I used the Mustela Cradle Cap Shampoo when I bathed him in the mornings. & applied Johnson's Baby Oil in the evening on his scalp when I change him for bed. It's been very effective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast