Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dr Louisa Lam at Lane Crawford Building?

shu
    shu is offline Registered User

my experience with Dr. Louisa Lam has been unpleasant. Average waiting time has been at least 1 hr (the longest that I experienced was 1.5 hrs). She is very very busy and don't have much time to answer any questions.

mywing is offline Registered User

My experience with Louisa Lam is bad. Not only is she unwilling to explain what she is doing and the tests which she wants me to do, she also seems to be in a hurry all the time to finish the consultation quickly. She is definitely not qualified to be a professional doctor.

erialcisland is offline Registered User

Wow - these are some pretty harsh comments. She isn't qualified, mywing? I am sure she is.

Can someone please clarify, is she just busy or is she really not willing to give time to her clients?

I realise this is an old thread but if anyone can give me some more feedback that would be great.

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

i believe that many obs in hk are very busy and thus the long waiting times! i hear from my friends who use a different ob that they have the same experience regarding the wait. what i would advise is to try and get the first appointment in the morning or in the afternoon and that should cut down on your wait. other than that, i have already recommended a few friends to dr lam and they have no complaints about insensitivity or rushing patients through the consultations, or not answering questions, etc etc

joannek is offline Registered User

she's never rushed me, in fact i sometimes think she spends too much time explaining things & asking me how i'm feeling. not a lot of docs in HK are in touch with their patient's emotional side, but dr. louisa lam is. as for the wait, i blame it on her patience. cos she spends so much time on each patient & even talking to her pregnant patients on the phone trying to be kind & patient. so there is a looooong wait at the clinic. i always try to get in 1st in the morning or 1st in the afternoon.

MHJ
    MHJ is offline Registered User

She is the worst doctor of any kind I have ever seen!! I burst into tear yesterday in her clinic after a full year of IVF treatment (2 IVF failures and many many useless visits). I had have enough of her unprofessional, blaming the patients all the time, not willing to explain anything and even "Lie" skill. Yes, she lied. As I was waiting for ovulation period for my 3rd embryos implatation, I took a positive ovulation home test. When I called the clinic to make appointment, she was way too fully booked (by mainlanders I guess), the receptionist refused to make an appointment for me at the time the timing was crucial to unfrozen my embryo. Just like that it was 2 day late to unfrozen my embryo and I have to wait to the next cycle (I am not young anymore!!). Nonetheless, I took the blood test and she had the nerve to tell me that the result was not "too" positive enough to conclude I actually ovulated this cycle and the home ovulation test is false. False my axx Dr.Lam!! It was 2 day late for you the blood test me and of course the homo is not high enough as it should have been 2 days ago!

dutchray is offline Registered User

Both my wife and me are almost 40. Both of us have health issues, and IVF seemed the only choice. My wife found Louisa Lam through the internet. Although I do not visit the doctor all the time, as my wife sees her the most, but for the times I have seen her, I can conclude she is very experienced and very skilled. Waiting can be long, but she really took the time to explain the fine details and steps with us. IVF was successful on our very first try, I did not think our chance was high due to both our age and health issues but at least give it a shot. The doctor was very confident all the time, and it was crucial that we took care in following her advice. Now I see why, the result is what matters. I highly recommend doctor lam.

Kellysmith is offline Registered User

Hi Is there any recent updates on this. She seems quite patient with me but yes agree the wait time on Saturdays is extremely long. Im getting a lil nervous hoping I've picked the right doc. She seems like she knows what she's doing with me..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12