Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr Louisa Lam at Lane Crawford Building?

mamamau is offline Registered User

Question Dr Louisa Lam at Lane Crawford Building?

Has anyone given birth with her? Which hospital? I've been seeing her and I'm now 15 weeks with my first. She seems to be quite impatient and I was wondering how she is at delivery.

And how much does she charge as hospital fee? Does she charge differently for different types of rooms?

Thanks!

Mrs Wiggle is offline Banned

Dr Choy

We have not seen Dr Lam but if you want a patient doctor try Dr Choy (tel 2523 3007). Can't recommend her highly enough.

jomum is offline Registered User

Mrs Wiggle,
    Is that Dr Christine Choy? If yes, then I totally agree with you. She didn't deliver my baby but she treated my very bad absess with lots of care. Same as her nurse.
    She is not rushed at all. She explains in details whatever questions I ask.

Highly recommended!!

mybbwoo is offline Registered User

Lousia Lam

She is a really bad OB, don't go to her as she gave irresponsible advise to paitents. For my case, I asked her questions about the pills she prescribeed to me, and she replied that if i didn't trust her, I can choose to go to Watson's to buy pills over the counter. What kind of answer from a professional OB??

juicy is offline Registered User

Dr Lam & Dr Choy

I agree with mybbwoo that Dr Louisa Lam is no good. Neither is Dr Christine Choy. Although she's very nice, she's inexperienced and doesn't know it!

I would go with one of the male gynaecologists any day - Dr Alex Doo and Dr Joe Chan are not just nice, they're very good OBGYNs.

glee is offline Registered User

female ob

I had Sally Ferguson and thought she was great - v genuine, open minded & not pushy at all.

Tel: 2824 9112
    Practice: Owen Trodd & Partners at Shui On Centre, Wanchai

good luck!

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Mamamau, seems to me if your doctor is not making you comfortable with her, has no time for you, plus this is your first baby, I would not stick around with her to find out if she's any good at delivery & I wouldn't care if her services are FREE or charges 100K. . . Go find another doctor ASAP.

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

i had dr lam deliver my 2 sons (one is 3 and one is 15 months) and she was quite patient and very nice to me! i gave birth at adventist both times, first time in a private ward and second time round in a semi-private ward. she charges differently for the different wards but i highly recommend her and the adventist hospital too. i delivered naturally both times with no epidural and chose to breastfeed. the doctor was very supporting and didn't insist i do mix-feeding and all the nurses were very nice and helpful. best thing i liked was being able to have my newborn by my bed any time i wished! and no walking to the nursery for the feedings makes a difference!! (my friend gave birth at st theresa's and she had to make a trip to the nursery every 3-4 hrs ) anyways, first time round, during labour, just before giving birth, i cried for epidural and dr lam rejected my request saying that the bb was almost there! so she doesn't give me the opinion of a rip-off doc...

anyways, i had a good experience with her and would highly recommend her to anyone...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast