Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

pineapples while pregnant

gingerbik is offline Registered User

Smile pineapples while pregnant

hi,

am about 7 weeks along my first pregnancy - and about the only thing my doctors clinic told me to avoid eating was papaya and tuna.
    does anybody know about the effects of eating pineapple? after all, it IS seriously loaded with enzymes - like papaya is - but i would like to know whether this fruit is an "avoid" or not.

Ginger

mamamau is offline Registered User
    Chinese wisdom has it that you're not supposed to eat pineapples or mangoes... I vaguely recall this having something to do with the baby's skin but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I had mangoes when I was 11 or 12 weeks, and one night I had a major indigestion problem that I almost went to the ER. Could be just me though.

cgge is offline Registered User

Talking pineapples while pregnant

I had pineapple juice when I was around 10-12 weeks
    I also took some mangoes these weeks.
    I am now 24 weeks preganant and everything seems OK
    I guess it all depends your condition. Some may have problem even
    they are not preganat!

HappyV is offline Registered User
    "loaded with enzymes" - any fruit is! I never heard to avoid any kind of fruit. Local people have said that papaya is not considered to be so healthy, but they'll also tell you to eat chicken's feet, so go figure.
    I have a friend you craved (and ate) pineapple all the way through her healthy pregnany. I'm sure it's fine - indulge!

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    When I was pregnant with my first child lots of people gave me advice about what to and what not to eat. I did a survey of what people told me not to eat and what they didn’t like to eat. I know that sounds an extreme thing to do but I am a statistician!

Anyway I found a high correlation between the foods I was told I shouldn’t eat and the foods that the people didn’t like.

Thus I decided that eating things I didn’t like wouldn’t do me or the baby any good and so that left me to eat all the things I liked. Which is maybe why I put on so much weight!

I don’t think that any real food can be harmful and especially not fruit and veg.

Best wishes,
    Barb

gingerbik is offline Registered User

Smile thanks

thank you - all of you

Sunbun is offline Registered User
    I agree! If you're craving pineapple then your body must be saying that there's something in pineapple that it needs, or something that the baby is taking from you in that particular stage of development. As for Papaya, I've been told by my chinese co-workers that "it is easy for baby to slip out"... Not sure how exactly, but that is what they believe.

I also have a question... I am 6 weeks preggers and feeling ok (little bit fatigued and sore breasts) and I am having a hard time finding a breakfast food that makes my tummy feel happy and settled first thing in the morning. I have read that you should keep crackers on your bedside table and pop them in your mouth before you even get out of bed. However, crackers are the LAST thing I want in my mouth first thing! They're dry and pasty and make me feel nauseous. Today I tried digestive biscuits and they didn't help either. Any suggestions??
    Sunbun

hunhun is offline Registered User
    How about Fruit n Fibre? (Cereal with milk)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast