Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Ointment for heat rash?

Swoon is offline Banned

Ointment for heat rash?

Can anyone recommend an non-prescription ointment for toddlers to help heal a heat rash and to minimize the itching. Our son has prickly heat rashes on his back from sweating and being in his damp t-shirt. Again, does anyone know of a non-prescription, natural type remedy that might do the job to get rid of it?

Fafa is offline Registered User

I would like to recommend the Enhancer of NuSkin (Skin Conditioning Gel) which is in fact an Aloe Vera gel. I started to replace the rashes cream from the paediatrician to this gel since last Summer. I found it especially good to prevent the skin from swollen after the mosquito "****es". This is particularly soothing if you put it to the Refrigerator. It helps a lot to protect the skin of my sweeties!

Safe, effective and cheap though!

:cheerlead

ollyvia is offline Registered User

You might want to try cornstarch? Apply it thinly! Actually it was recommended by my paedi when my daughter was just a baby. She suffered some rashes around the folds area, like under the neck, behind the knees, inside the elbows.
    Later on, I found out that cornstarch is also a key ingredient of Aveeno - a brand specializes for dry skin.

My daughter tends to have heat rash very easily as well when she was a toddler. I tried to prevent it instead of cure later. Like: always wear light clothings, change when the clothes when it's wet, keep her cool, cold bath, soap bar instead of foam bath.

I hope you find it useful

Swoon is offline Banned

Fafa - do you know where I can get Enhancer from NuSkin? Is it available at Watsons?