Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Swim wear?

a_chan is offline Registered User

Swim wear?

Does Baby need swimwear?

I'm a first time mom, and hope you don't find this question stupid. I want to bring my 6M baby to swim this summer, but not sure how I dress her. I saw diapers from Huggies in Park'N Shop which they said it's suitable for swimming?!

Thanks
    Alice

momo is offline Registered User

The Huggies swim diapers are different from normal diapers in that they do not get soggy and heavy in the water. I find them useful - as an exampler when my son was 7 month old he did a poo in the pool - luckily he was wearing the swim diaper which kept everything in the diaper.

Jen Spain is offline Registered User

many pools in HK and around asia won't allow kids in the pool unless the swimming diapers are used. I think they're great and have certainly paid for themselves several times over with our daughter!

rani is offline Administrator

And a good swimsuit that will protect your baby from the sun. Plus sunblock.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

a_chan is offline Registered User

Is there a recommended brand of sunblock then?

Alice

Daizy is offline Registered User

Talking

I recently bought a swim nappy from chickeeduck it says it prevents embarrassing accidents, pull ups and nappy in one style and one size fits all 3 months - 3 years. I used it today on my 7 month old and it worked fine. I figured he can use this for the next 3 years and I don't have to worry about buying the diapers each time.

As for sunblock my sister and i use coppertone for kids for the kids and adults. We really like it.

Ant
    Ant is offline Registered User

I bought a washable nappy for my 18-mth-old daughter from Mothercare. When swimming, she put on a swimsuit on top of this nappy. Highly recommended. As I know, 2 colors (blue & pink) and different sizes available.

jools is offline Registered User

Hi,
    We use the Huggies swimmer nappies; they're great. As for sun block, our mid wife recommended that we did n't use any sunblock until our little one was a year old. She said that even the ones that are recommended for babies can be too heavy for their sensitive skin. So we have an all in one swimming suit that covers just about everything and a hat. We also don't go to the swimming pool in the middle of the day when the sun is at it's fiercest. It has been trcky at times keeping her in the shade, but we've managed it and she turns one next month, so we can start slapping on the sun block.

Jools