Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby Doesn't Like Eating

rads is offline Banned
    Tung Chung

Exclamation Your not alone

Hi Graham,

My son did eactly the same at around 11 months and it lasted off and on till about his 13th month...I panicked... all the food he used to LOVE eating he would just keep his mouth tigthly shut if I tried feeding him anything...except milk which he would happily drink. I read a lot on the subject and the general idea was that a lot of babies go thru this....I just increased his intake of milk....belive it or not one articale I read suggested I stop feeding him solids till he did not ask for it ( which they said could last upto 3 days ) I had worked myself up in such a state at my son not eating that I did try it....thankfully after just one day my son asked for hang in there ur not alone....not sure if I've helped..

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay
    The above suggestions sound great. One other possibility not mentioned though. My baby was diagnosed with mild anaemia at 10 months and as soon as she started the iron drops, it was like a miracle drug: her appetite transformed almost overnight. She was exclusively breastfed for 6 months and in fact we're still breastfeeding at 18 months. I know that breastfed babies aren't supposed to have this problem - maybe it was because my own iron levels were low because I'm a vegetarian and I also had prolonged postpartum bleeding which can't have helped my iron levels. Your baby probably doesn't have the same problem but maybe it's worth checking out just in case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12