Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strollers for newborns in HK?

marcam is offline Registered User

Smile Strollers for newborns in HK?

Trying to be proactive and prepare for the arrival of our first in September. Am overwhelmed with stroller choices!

Given that we live in Midlevels and both work, how important is it to get a great stoller, esp. for a newborn? We've looked at all the funky ones they sell in the US, but they look too big, not easy to fold and really, how much walking does one do outside with the rain and pollution? Am assuming Baby Bjorns come in much handier?

Any thoughts from experienced mums would be appreciated

Kubi is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Combi stroller

I'm using Combi stroller. It's lightweight and compact. It's easy to open and close by only single hand. http://www.combi-intl.com/strollers.htm

pragya is offline Registered User

stroller!!!

Hi, i have chicco brand stroller and its very beautiful, very comforty, good cushion, according to hong kong small flats etc... and its just little heavier .....thts 300 grams heavier than combi (which i think we all can take it .......and in the matter of taking care of my kid, certainly i would choose chicco). Its easy to close and handle and have a big space down to keep your things.

bye
    pragya

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I think that a sling is a much better deal than a stroller with a newborn. I found that the stroller was more useful when my little ones were older and could already walk. It seemed if it was a choice between being carried and sitting in a stroller they wanted to be carried but if the choice was between walking and sitting in a stroller they would sit.

I personally liked the over-the-shoulder style of sling. Mine was a Mayawrap, http://www.mayawrap.com/
    With this sling you can use it from birth. I took my last baby home form the hospital in it.

I found with so much traffic in Hong Kong I was much happier with my baby’s head at chest level rather than at car exhaust level.

Best wishes,
    Barb

shalom is offline Registered User
    with or without a stroller, a baby carrier is a must for me. there are times when your baby carrier will come in handy for you, like getting in and out of a cab. you should get both.

momo is offline Registered User
    With the benefit of hindsight I would say Baby Bjorn is sufficient for newborn a stroller only when baby is older or can walk. Speaking from experience, both my son and daughters were happier and slept better when carried around in Baby Bjorn. They cried or wake when put in the stroller so I ended up carrying them in Baby Bjorn whilst pushing my bags in the stroller.

csy
    csy is offline Registered User
    I personally love Combi. it's light.compact and I can unfold it using one hand. I got a Chicco stroller too but too heavy and if I go out with my son alone I will definitely bring the Combi.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    I often used my Baby Bjorn on buses, shopping, etc. However, if I was just out for a walk, I found the Bjorn too hot for both of us from about May until October.

I have a Maclaren and love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast