Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Valco roundabout stroller

Erin is offline Registered User

Valco roundabout stroller

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be moving to HK in January. I think that we'll probably be living in DB. We will have a 6 monther and a 2 1/2 year old. With two little guys I think that I'm probably going to need a double stroller. I've been looking at the Valco Roundabout stroller with the toddler attachment. I like the fact that it is not as long or wide as a typical double stroller. I thought it would be good for around DB. It's an Australian stroller, that has only just recently shown up in Canada. I'm wondering if anyone out there is familiar with this stroller and what they think?

The website (for anyone interested) is http://www.valcobaby.com/Toddler.html

Thanks in advance for any info!

Erin

beckveldman is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Great for DB lifestyle

Hi Erin,

I've got a Valco Runabout and live in DB, and you see quite a few of them out here. IMO they're good for getting around DB, as you tend to do a lot of walking around here! And you're forever going over gutters etc, so the big wheels come in handy. To be fair, they're not so great getting in and out of some of the buses if it's raining or you don't feel like walking for whatever other reason, but it's hit and miss - quite a few of the buses are flat-based and you can walk on with the stroller still up, others not so. But there are always hire cars (our equivalent of taxis, they're mini-vans), and the drivers lift the strollers into the bag luggage compartment for you without having to fold them down, so easy as.

I've seen a couple around with the toddler attachment in use too. We certainly had tht in mind when we bought it, but so far we only have one 18 months old son :)

Good luck for the move.

BV.

jenayds is offline Registered User

I know this is an old thread but I am in exactly the same position as the original poster, and am wondering if anyone has any more thoughts to share on this?

I'm wondering how I will cope with shopping in DB with a 3 month old and 2.5 year old. The toddler seat seemed the best way to go as then, when my older boy decides he's no longer going to sit in a pram, I am not stuck with a big double pram. I'm worried about the getting on and off buses issue though.