Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Woodland Montessori Preschool, Mid-levels

Ant
    Ant is offline Registered User

Woodland Montessori Preschool, Mid-levels

Hi, any comments on Woodland Montessori Preschool (Caine Road)? Am looking for a preschool for my 18-mth-old in mid-levels. Any advice will be appreciated.

Karishma is offline Registered User
    Hi there! My son has been going to the Stepping Stones class at Woodlands Caine Road since January and we are very very Happy with it. He looks forward to going and the days we dont go he argues abt why he cant go. He had a bit of separation anxiety for abt a week in the beginning but his teached handled it so well that he loves school now!

Hope this helps!
    K.

edwina is offline Registered User
    How good is "very good"? Do you send him for half day or whole day and for how many days a week? What did your son learn from the school?

I also planned to send my son there too.

Ant
    Ant is offline Registered User
    Thanks K. I'm planning to enroll my daughter to the playgroup in summer school first. See whether she likes it or not.

Karishma is offline Registered User
    He goes in 3 times a week and will start 5 days a week in Sept when he goes to Pre school. So far he has learnt the days of the week, basic shapes like square,rec,circle,oval, triangle. In addition to all this they have the usual song time, story time, play time etc. Having been a Montessori teacher in the past it is easy for me to guage what he is doing at what stage and over all I am very happy with his progress.

Hope this helps.
    K.

adachan is offline Registered User
    Hello,

I have heard some very good comments on the the Woodland Montessori Preschool on Caine Road but not that many for the one in Repulse Bay. Is there a particular reason?

Is there any difference between the two in terms of teaching quality ? I would imagine that they should be equivalent since they are both run by the same group. Your thoughts and experience ?

Thanks.

Hannah's Mom is offline Registered User
    I take my 23 month old to the preschool playgroup at Woodlands and she really enjoys it! I attend with her three mornings a week, and we look forward to it each day! They are big on letting the kids learn independance and following basic orders. They do everything from circletime, art time, snack time, outside time and "work" time.
    I know you can sign up to do trial class. That is what we did!

Slee is offline Registered User
    I'm guessing the Repulse Bay Woodlands is smaller, so less parents exist to comment? My daughter goes to one of their traditional schools (Panda) and I wouldn't send her anywhere else as she is so happy there. I'm sure all their other schools are of a similar high standard, and I know my daughter's 'Stretch N Grow' teacher (who comes in once a week to run her fun program with them) sends her two to the Repulse Bay school and is very happy with it.