Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Passport-sized Photo

mambo is offline Registered User

china travels

I ended up taking my photos for our 1.5 month old at the IFC photo shop because it seemed easy to get to and read about it on this forum. But recently my husband had to get his photos taken and he went to the China Travel Services where they took it and gave it to him on the spot for less than $100. He said that they also do babies and children as well and that they have special beds and seats for them and they take it from the top. I would have gone there had I known. When the IFC shop cropped my son's picture it looks like someone had chewed on his ear where he was being supported!(lol...)

Last edited by mambo; 06-10-2005 at 01:10 PM.

hunhun is offline Registered User

They charged you more than HK$100 at IFC??? My 4 months old son just took some passport sized photos in the Kodak shop on Robinson Road and was charged HK$60 for a dozen. I thought that was expensive enough, although I must say that the photos came out really well. All that the photographer did was to put two carton boxes on a high stool in front of the colour backdrop, asked me to place my son on top of the boxes and held him from the front while I knelt down...and bingo..she took several shots, and I chose the best one. That's all there is to it.

mambo is offline Registered User

yah, they (IFC Photo Express) charged about $180 for next day or $200 for on the spot...kind of outrageous in prices I thought. Actually, it was for citizenship pictures, not passport pictures. There are actual size requirements for this...so, not sure if there should be that much difference in price though. They didn't even take several shots, just one shot and I didn't even like it! Now my son is stuck with a picture that looks like his ear got chewed off! Oh well.

Last edited by mambo; 06-10-2005 at 08:20 PM.

Ant
    Ant is offline Registered User

You can also try Good World Photo Supplies at 8 Gilman's Bazaar in Central. $55 for half dozen prints.

carang is offline Registered User

i think that it depends on what passport you hold as to the charges sometimes...i know that the canadian passport has a list of regulations including the paper that the photo is printed on... it is much more expensive than just getting a regular passport sized photo...

i recently renewed my passport, applied for my baby's citizenship certificate and a temporary passport for him too... all told i paid $225(i think) for 12 photos...4 of me... 4 for his citizenship cert and 4 for his passport... the most expensive was the citizenship cert @$95 for 4!!!the others were around $65 for each set of 4!

hunhun is offline Registered User

Carang is right, I went past the Kodak Shop this morning and saw different pricings on ID photos for different nationalities. Seems like Canadian ones are most expensive.

shalom is offline Registered User

i had the same problem. i need passport size photo for my 4 month old to apply for a british passport and it is specified that it must be a white backdrop. i went to fotomax in happy valley, they did a few shots and told me that it's not possible because my baby is too small. i went to kodak shop in happy valley and they totally refused to do it. i am desperate too. think i will try the fotomax in pacific place.

rani is offline Administrator

Shalom,

D has a british passport too. I took the photo at home. I just covered his carseat (you can even use a bouncy seat) with a white bedsheet. He was happy to sit in it and I took 10 shots with a regular camera. Got them developed, picked the best shot and asked the photshop to reprint them in passport size.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast