When baby has a fever
- 02-07-2007, 05:50 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
- 02-12-2007, 01:38 PM #10Baby Guru
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
- New Territories
Our paed. also recommended (for kids who are not being breastfed any longer) "Cold liquids in, hot urine out". If the fever was prolonged and the child uncomfortable, then he said ANY cold liquid that the child was willing to take was better than none.
However, according to home-based Canto-medicine, it's better to avoid really cold/icy beverages. YMMV.
Once I asked our GP about cold liquids, especially soy milk. He's an HK guy, Ozzie trained. He said "from the Western perspective, any cold liquid if fine, from the local perspective, no soy milk because it is too "cold"
- By FutureHKmom in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 14Last Post: 03-19-2010, 01:46 PM
- By jaz1311 in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
- By fennho in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 16Last Post: 09-25-2008, 11:48 AM
- By BJMing in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2008, 12:27 AM
- By lsac in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2007, 12:46 PM