Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Paediatrician in Central - and recommendations?

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    Birgit,

how much are the consultation if you don't mind my asking. i am due to give birth at the matilda in a few weeks, do you know if Dr Tam makes visits to the hospital for the first examination?

How do you find his persona? Is he a good listener and patient? I'v met some doctors here where it feels like the rush you in and out like its an assembly line!

Thanks!

Grace Bellis is offline Registered User
    When I gave birth to my daughter at Matilda, I had Dr. KN Chan as the peadiatrician to my daughter. Dr. Chan is living at Matilda and was recommended by Dr. Dawkins. I find Dr. Chan very patient, gentle and very knowledgeable. He really took time and explain things to me whenever I'm in doubt. I've learnt a lot from him over the past 2 years. He works in different clinics and I usually go to his clinic in Central. His Central clinic number is : 28776068 if you'd like to be in touch with him.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    I want to take my child to a paediatrician in HK to consult about his height and weight. He is 2.7 years old and weighs 11kg (for the last 6 months), so really worried about his weight gain. He is a very picky eater (meal times are always a struggle) and his allergies to certain foods certainly do not help. I just want help on how I can make him eat better. I've done all the tricks in the books and none of them seem to work
    would appreciate recommendations

Sara is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by abbmom
    Finally, I found Dr. Yvonne Ou. She is accessible, smart,
    I think she is the best!
    Fully agree on Dr. Ou. Initially I found her a bit overwhelming (fast and loud speaking), then I realized that she really knows what she is doing and talking about, that's why the words are very strong and confident.

Histamin is offline Registered User
    I recommend Dr.Rupal at IMI, if you don't mind to take alternative medicine.
    She is Homeopath, and it does really work for my daughter. It is very helpful for our family which have an allergy history.
    susy chicota likes this.

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    I SO TOTALLY AGREE ON YVONNE OU !
    My baby was born 9 month ago in Matilda with dr Lord and after a very hard pregnancy in France (Amniosynthesis, several intrusives echos, MRI of the baby...) I arrived in HK 5 weeks before my due date (imagine my state of mind & my level of stress!).
    Yvonne was there during my delivery and when my baby finally came out (27 hours after my induction) she has show the highest level of confidence, self control and professionalism I have ever seen. Not only she saved his life but she did it without alarming us. She explained what was happening at the same time and was really incredible.
    Since then she has been great advice (lost of weight during the first weeks, colics) always with confidence and she is very nice to babies too wich is great. I saw 2 others when she was on holidays but I definitly go back to her.
    susy chicota likes this.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rani
    We see Dr Dannie Ting on the 19th in the same building. She's also at the Canossa Hospital out patient and baby clinic in the mornings. Getting an appt with her on the same day is relatively easy. She's very warm and doesn't over medicate.

Rani
    Hi rani,
    Do you mind sharing Dr Ting's contacts? I want to call and make an appointment. Is she available during weekends?
    thanks,
    Mickeymom

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi Mickey,

Here's Dr Ting's contact #

http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hon...-ting/details/

Her clinic is open on Sats. We've only needed her once on a Sunday. She lives in Mid-Levels so she'll meet you at the Canossa.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast