Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Paediatrician in Central - and recommendations?

muriel is offline Registered User

Paediatrician in Central - and recommendations?

I need to decide on a paediatrician for my baby (who is due in 6 weeks).

My obstetrician is Dr Ghosh, but I am reluctant to use the paediatrician who practices with him (Thondup) as the wait is always very long whenever I am there and the kids look very distressed having to wait when they are sick.

I have heard Dr Chiu is good. Are there any other doctors that anyone recommends?

I need someone in Central.

Muriel

csy
    csy is offline Registered User

Dr. Joseph Pang is very good, he is on the 9th Floor at Hing Wai Building, just above the Body Shop on Queen's Road, Central.

rani is offline Administrator

We see Dr Dannie Ting on the 19th in the same building. She's also at the Canossa Hospital out patient and baby clinic in the mornings. Getting an appt with her on the same day is relatively easy. She's very warm and doesn't over medicate.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Susanna Wong is offline Registered User

I trust Dr. Leo Chan

Dr. Chan is very responsive even during holidays. He replies to email, phone calls etc. My son had fever last Christmas and I called him on Christmas eve. He called back within 15 minutes and taught me what to do.

Nurses there are experienced and nice too.

His clinic is at Mannings House, Centrak

sobira is offline Registered User

The best paediatrician in town

Hi! For the past 7 years I have wasted lots of money on various cheaper or same priced doctors for my daughter, but only now I found the best one. He is worth his slightly higher fee, as he saves you tonnes in fees by giving you an action plan for self-help. Also, he is at all times available on pager and email, always calls back promptly, even when out of Hong Kong and even if he doesn't know you yet. No extra charge for telephone or email consultations. Only drawback is waiting time sometimes, but you can ring beforehand to ensure punctuality. His clinic is in Central Bldg, (Landmark) and he also practises at the Canossa Hospital (more expensive there).
    Details: Dr. Alfred Tam, 8th Floor, 818 Central Bldg, 1 Pedder St, Tel: 2526 6332, pager 9737 8627. He is also the only one specialized in infant and child asthma and URT! You may give my name if you like. Good luck!

Last edited by sobira; 06-17-2005 at 01:53 PM. Reason: wrong address of doctor given

juicy is offline Registered User

Dr Chiu

Dr Richard Chiu is very nice, unbelievably patient and very knowledgeable. He's pretty new in the private sector, so he won't have a long queue to see him(yet). His clinic is in Melborne Plaza, Central.

abbmom is offline Registered User

Pediatrician

Hi, I tried two pediatricians before I found one that totally helped my son's eczema.
    I previously went to Dr. Thondup. Nice man but he would answer his mobile and check his email/messages during our examination. And finally, the straw that broke the camels back was that he almost administered the wrong vaccination for my son. If it weren't for my original record keeping, that would've been terrible.
    Finally, I found Dr. Yvonne Ou. She is accessible, smart, and solved my son's eczema problem.
    I think she is the best!
    She is in the Prince's Building and can be reached at 2824-0822. She is wonderful!

glee is offline Registered User

if u don't mind my asking. how was it solved? my bb also has eczema & am looking for help!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast