Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Grace Snugride or Peg Perego infant car seats?

PreggerC is offline Registered User

Grace Snugride or Peg Perego infant car seats?

Hi - my husband and I are moving to HK this summer but I'll be giving birth to our baby in Taipei where my family is.

We plan to bring our baby to HK when he's 1 mo. old. Just wondering if Grace Snugride or Peg Perego infant carseats are avail. in HK? And for a 1 mo. old baby whether it's better to bring a car seat from Taiwan with us on the plane for the entire trip? Is there a law in HK that requires all infants be in carseats or could I use a Baby Bjorn?

Su Mei is offline Registered User

Hi,

you may want to check with the airline you are flying to HK on what their requirements are just to be on the safe side. We found taking our son around for short 1-2 hour trips (when not in the car) when he was less than 2 months old in a Baby Bjorn to be alot easier. Presumably you'll get seats in the plane with a bassinet in front where you can put him/her during the flight.

You can get a wide range of baby capsules/strollers/infant carseats including Peg Perego from baby stores such as Bumps to Babes (main store in Horizon Plaza, Ap Lei Chau and another store at Pedder St, Central) - actually you'll find most of your baby needs met there, they have EVERYTHING from nursery furniture, strollers, baby clothes, toys, books etc - we buy 99% of our baby items from there. We use the PP baby capsule car seat that clicks into the PP stroller, very convenient esp if you drive (I drive everywhere) and as my son isnt a large baby, even at 5 months I still click the baby capsule into his stroller so I don't have to take him in and out of his car seat.

PreggerC is offline Registered User

Smile hi

Hi Su Mei,
    Thanks for your informative message! I will def. check those places out. I have gotten quite a bit of clothing and the stroller for my baby - but will def. need to get carseat and furniture once we get to HK! Thanks!

Pregger C