2 year old boy still doesn't talk- should i worry?
- 04-12-2007, 06:02 AM #25Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
Do you all speak more than one language at home?
Statistics in researches point out that families that speak more than one languages / dialects at home tend to have "late talkers". This is by no mean a bad thing. At the age of two, they are in their language sensitive period. Not everything they understand will be expressed at this stage, but everything you tell them will be absorbed. The more they absorb at this period, the better they will be when they express in their explosion stage later.
Last edited by run4fun; 04-12-2007 at 06:04 AM.
- By SHERMEN in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
- By nishagrng in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2007, 07:00 AM
- By vivianhui in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
- By mai1229 in forum Everything ElseReplies: 10Last Post: 03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
- By Sandrine in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2006, 04:25 PM