Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Car pool to Highgate from Happy Valley

emilyc is offline Registered User

Car pool to Highgate from Happy Valley

My son is going to Highgate on Tues and Thurs mornings toddler/helper playgroup starting 5 July 2005.

I do not feel comfortable with toddler under 2yo taking the school bus. Anyone living in Happy Valley/Jardine Lookout also going to Highgate and would like to take a cab together or be kind enough to give us a lift?

Would be grateful if you pm me, or email me on [email protected] so we can discuss details.

Many tks

Rgds

e

emilyc is offline Registered User
    A second call for anyone interested in carpool/taxi pool from Happy Valley, Broadwood Rd or thereabouts to Highgate, starting tomorrow 5 July for Tues and Thurs mornings.

Pls pm me or email me on [email protected]

many tks

Rgds

e

meimei is offline Registered User
    HI there,
    may I ask you how do you like Highgate? And why do you choose Highgate even you live in Happy Valley area?
    Look forward to your answer. Thanks!
    Meimei

Quote Originally Posted by emilyc View Post
    A second call for anyone interested in carpool/taxi pool from Happy Valley, Broadwood Rd or thereabouts to Highgate, starting tomorrow 5 July for Tues and Thurs mornings.

Pls pm me or email me on [email protected]

many tks

Rgds

e

cemily is offline Registered User
    Happy Valley is not that far from the Peak, only 15 to 20 minutes by taxi.

I like Highgate. Large outdoor play area and v v spacious classrooms. I like their emphasis on creativity, organic food/snacks and not pushing the children at all. I like their structured but not organised play ie activities are all set out and children are free to choose and join whichever activity eg making bread or drawing instead of the usual school approach of first half hour exercise, next half hour drawing next half hour music etc.

My son stayed there for nursery. He is now in a local kindergarten because I would like him to go to a local school.

Rgds

e

meimei is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot for your reply!
    May I ask you which local school/ kindergarten do you recommend? I've heard that local schools are very pushy with the kids and there'll be a lot of homework and exams. If you believe in the "free spirit", how do you plan on coping with the pressure from local school?
    Best,
    Meimei

Quote Originally Posted by cemily View Post
    Happy Valley is not that far from the Peak, only 15 to 20 minutes by taxi.

I like Highgate. Large outdoor play area and v v spacious classrooms. I like their emphasis on creativity, organic food/snacks and not pushing the children at all. I like their structured but not organised play ie activities are all set out and children are free to choose and join whichever activity eg making bread or drawing instead of the usual school approach of first half hour exercise, next half hour drawing next half hour music etc.

My son stayed there for nursery. He is now in a local kindergarten because I would like him to go to a local school.

Rgds

e