Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Newly pregnant

rani is offline Administrator
    Noella Congratulations!!!!

We have a list of popular Drs here:

http://www.geobaby.com/com/mxdirecto.../gynecologists

Have a read through this thread on maternity costs:

Pregnancy Costs

There's only one health visitor I know of in HK and that's Yvonne Heavyside. She's opened a new centre in Central and is organizing ante-natal classes, baby massage and helper training. Her contact details are here:

http://www.geobaby.com/com/mxdirecto...e-family-zone/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

noella is offline Registered User
    Thank you all! I have been referred to DR Ghosh of Veritas medical practise? Anyone used him, was a bit perplexed yesterday when I went for a scan. After doing an internal ultrasound and finding the sac in my womb, he said that it was too early to see a pulsation and to come back as he thought I was less pregnant then my dates showed. Afterwards he kept stressing that there was a 20% chance of miscarriage and not to tell anyone yet. Thought this was strange thing to say to a mother of 2 , am well aware of the risk. Was he just covering his back or does he suspect something is wrong?

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi Noella,

In my experience the doctors in Hong Kong tend to be very cautious. My friend had Dr Ghosh and she was very pleased with him, though some of his advice did sound a little like scare mongering, especially as this was her first child. One of the great things about Hong Kong is if you don't like what the doctor is saying then you can always go and see someone else.

Jools

noella is offline Registered User
    Thanks Jools, as this is my third I am not overly particular with who my doctor
    is and know I will have to have a c section just thought he was a bit OTT with the warnings!! Will go to my next appointment and see but he was highly recommended to me!

Rohini is offline Registered User
    Hi Noella,
    Most of my friends have had DR. Gosh (and most have had emergency c-secs for some strange reason) but I guess you'll know straight off if you like him or not. I'd met him a few times at hospitals and always found him to be quite rushed and that wasn't for me. All my girlfriends also said that is bedside manners are OK, not great. So...I didn't see him as I needed someone to be patient and answer all my hundred questions. Again, you'll know from the first 2-3 visits if he's the right Dr. for you, and if not, then there's a whole list of gyno's on the site with great referrals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12