Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

chinese pui yuet

mammalicious is offline Registered User

chinese pui yuet

hi

im not sure i really believe in all the chinese herbal medicine that some of my local friends have recommended i take after the birth of our baby in sept. some of them hired a lady called a "pui yuet" who cooks the necessary things for the mom to eat, in order to have her body recover from the ordeal of childbirth.

as i'm due early sept, i think i'v left it a bit late to get a good one.. in fact i don't even know where to begin to look for one.. does anyone know where i should call, or any pui yuets that are good?

any help would be great!

thanks!!

rani is offline Administrator

Have a read through the thread below:

Need a Chinese Doula (Pui Yuet)

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

mamaandpapa is offline Registered User

pui yuet center www.heihei.hk

I saw your forum on Geobaby we are a pui yuet center, please visit our website www.heihei.hk for more information

smu_hk is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaandpapa View Post
    I saw your forum on Geobaby we are a pui yuet center, please visit our website www.heihei.hk for more information
    Hi,

Are you sure the link is correct?
    It cannot find it.

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

actually I would be a bit care of agencies, unless it comes recommended to you by a friend. even so.....I personally have met lots of so called professionals who are so bossy they literally run your house for the few months that they are there.

mamalicious, what do you want the pui yuet to help you with - your own recovery or more for baby ? I have one I have used before, she is honest and a nice lady, but she has her strengths/weaknesses. However she is taiwaneses and may have different concepts from HK/ cantonese.

Saira is offline Registered User

Hi Konradsmom, you seem to have experience with a pui yuet so I wanted to ask your opinion. Would you suggest a nurse/nanny who can put a baby in routine during the first month? Or would you suggest a pui yuet? I guess I'm looking for someone who can tend to the child in between feeds while I rest as well as guide me with the breastfeeding and recovery. However, this is my 2nd child which is why I would like to establish a routine much faster.

raquel is offline Registered User

Konrodsmom,

Can you please pass the contact of your taiwanese pei yuei lady? i am from taiwan and desperately looking for a taiwanese pei yuei lady to help me. If you don't have her contact anymore, do you still remember where did you find her ? which agency?? Any information would be highly appreciated!!!!!

Raquel
    p.s. also send you a pm with my mobile number if that's easier for you to contact me.

cxflygirl is offline Registered User

I had a Chinese Puei Yuet.. and yes they can be very traditional and bossy. I am half chinese and half English so i have adapted to some chinese traditions but somethings do get annoying. Like having a ginger bath, covering your head some extreme Puei Yuets prefer that you don't wash your hair. Gross!! I can understand maybe 100 years ago when they dont have hair dryers they dont want you to get cold.

Anyway Looking back I am so happy she was around basically. Her duties was to cook appropriate chinese dishes which helps Mum to recuperate had chinese soup daily. I think if I did not have her my diet would have been bad. My Puei Yuet was thru a referral and I think its best to hire someone who can give your puei yuet a good reference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast