Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

pre-natal yoga - any suggestion

mlam is offline Registered User

pre-natal yoga - any suggestion

Hi, there. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have heard many talking about the benefits of pre-natal yoga. I want to start but really want to find a good one as exercise properly done during pregnancy is good but not otherwise. Does any one of you have any suggestion of a good pre-natal yoga class in Central?

Thanks.

vchua is offline Registered User
    I just started at Yoga Limbs. Check out www.yogalimbs.com

The teacher is very experienced in teaching pre-natal yoga and has 5 children herself. Try it, you will like her.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    This one might be more convenient location-wise:

http://www.yogacentral.com.hk/index.htm

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

Smile

I find Wanda at Yoga Limbs very good, but due to a fairly busy schedule I've only managed to go twice. Her classes are quite active and challenging, but as it's a pre-natal class, she emphasises that you should only go as far as feels good/right for you.

I'm due in two weeks and during the last trimester I've also been going to the pre-natal classes with Linda at Iyengar Yoga(www.iyengaryogahongkong.com) on Wyndam Street. The classes are definately "modified" for pregnancy and I found the classes at bit frustrating in my second trimester, but now I'm larger I appreciate a more relaxing and gentle approach in classes.

I also went to classes at Q yoga (www.q-yoga.com), also on Wyndam Street. Cheryl is now taking both the pre-natal classes. Her approach has a real focus on posture and relaxation.

Su Mei is offline Registered User
    hi,

I did prenatal yoga classes up at Matilda Hospital twice a week from week 20 to due date - I couldn't have survived pregnancy without it! As a result, I had significantly less lower back pains, joint aches and no water retention (great circulation exercises). I wouldn't really call it exercise from a cardiovascular point of view but the classes up at Matilda concentrated on breathing (meditation) and targetted specific problem areas and general build up of strength. The only issue is location and timing (if you work) as the classes are conducted during the day. A lot of people asked why I would go all the way up to the peak when I could go for classes in central and if you are after a relaxing time, Matilda is great as it is very quiet and peaceful - I felt very rejurvenated after each session and wished they had 3 classes a week!

Good luck and do give it a try.....

mlam is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your info. I will start looking for your suggested options.

Slee is offline Registered User
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but could one of you yoga mums suggest a challenging prenatal yoga class. I've already done non-pregnant yoga and am in the middle of the second trimester so want something a bit tough. Thanks :-)

JennyB is offline Registered User
    I also found Wanda's class at Yogalimbs quite challenging. Not sure what you would call the style of yoga, but it's mostly holding poses for longish periods rather than lots of movement. Wanda goes around the room making sure people are doing it properly and assisting them to more challenging positions. I found it was a good workout and I kept doing it even after my baby was overdue!