Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flying to Singapore and weather

shaz is offline Banned

singapore and weather

What is the weather like in S'Pore in August?
    Anyone been to The Sentosa Resort & Spa?
    If you stayed on Sentosa where else did you go ?
    i shall be staying 2 nights in aug. with a 4 year old

jdang is offline Registered User
    Was there in May this year. Stayed at Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa which is more family oriented. The Sentosa is lovely place, nice if it was just me & hubby, but we got a pair of rowdy twins, grandparents & maid. Weather is hot all year round but bearable (with airconditioning!) but rain quite often. Sunny in the mornings but rainy in the afternoons we were there.
    Ok - what can you do there? Well, there's the Underwater World, Dolphin Park, Fort Siloso, Musical Fountain, the beach & trekking. But don't miss the Singapore Zoo or Birdpark even though both are not on Sentosa Island.

shaz is offline Banned
    thanks i had heard it was rainy, kindda like HK but i was hopin at least in aug. it'd be dry. can bear the heat but not the rain. thanks for the ideas, sound like a nice place, i'll only be there for 3 days/2 nights so will have to find a schedule. i should imgine may is not the best time to go with the wet season.

shaz is offline Banned
    those ideas you mentioned such as underwater world, dolphin park etc. are all on the sentosa island right? so i guess we can take the cable cars to go to the zoo etc.

Daizy is offline Registered User

Flying to Singapore with 9month old

I am flying to Singapore soon with my 9 month old. Is there a thread with tips about flying 5 hour flights? or does anyone have any tips to make my journey easier?

Also, any recommendations for places to visit that are baby friendly?

jdang is offline Registered User
    Yes, you're right. The zoo & birdpark aren't on the island. But it's pretty easy going in & out of Sentosa which is connected to the main island by a bridge. So you'll have a choice of either using taxis or coaches, ferry or cable car. Taxi service is very cheap & efficient and most drivers speak English too! If you have the time or inclination, have a dinner outside one of the evenings you're there. Try the local seafood in the East Coast Seafood Center. One of the restaurants (name is Jumbo Restaurant, I think!) serves excellent chilli crabs - yummy!! Anyway, it's the corner restaurant located right near the waterfront (just walk past the first row of restaurants, there's another row right behind facing the waterfront) Just a suggestion!

shaz is offline Banned
    thank you - sounds fab!

dacia is offline Registered User
    If you want a longer cable car ride from main island to Sentosa, take it from Mount Faber. There'll be a stop at World Trade Centre, and the next stop is in Sentosa. You'll love Sentosa, so many activities for children.

On your way back, you can consider a ferry ride, or hop on the public bus within the island, and you can ride non stop to Orchard Road (shopping district) or the nearest MRT station at Tiong Bahru.

Singapore Zoo is at the North of Singapore, Bird Park is at the West and Sentosa is at the South. All quite a distance from each other. You can get to most places of interest by cab. Even if you travel from Sentosa in the south to the zoo up north, you won't have to pay more than HK$100.

Yes! The chilli crab is sooo good! And many other cheap hawker fare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast