Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Should I try a cup?

ZoeG is offline Registered User

Should I try a cup?

I posted a few weeks back about my daughter being very fussy on the bottle. Well, she's still at it!! I've tried new teats, feeding her in quiet rooms with no other people/distractions, feeding her more often/less often etc. She has good days and bad, but is generally taking about half what has been recommended by the midwife I saw at the Matilda. I was wondering if I could try her on a sippy cup - she's 4 months old. Has anyone else tried this? What is the right age to offer your baby a cup?

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User
    I started with the sippy cup at 4.5 months...i put water so that she would get used to drinking it. although she barely would drink anything at the beginning ..only recently she'll drink 1.5oz per day. my daughter didn't like feeding from the bottle either but i tried everything also...i kept trying and trying although now it's still not her favorite..when she's hungry ...she drinks.
    It could also be that she teething...did you check for this , somes babies begin teething fairly early. Mine didn't drink well when she was teething!!
    also you can try bouncing them a little or feed them while their sleepy(this usually works)

glee is offline Registered User
    have a friend whose bb only eats when sleeping so just before the nap ends, picks up bb & then feed. They tried every bottle in the market b4 finding one which bb will eat off (Dr Brown - the thin bottle, not the usual one) Also have u tried the Medela soft cup - a bottle but it's not a teat but looks like a scoop.

Hope this helps!

Scroll to top