Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Travel stroller

Su Mei is offline Registered User

Travel stroller

hi,

would appreciate recommendations on a good lightweight (2-3kg) and reasonably sturdy stroller (which I hope to be able to use in HK too)- will be travelling overseas for a week with my 7.5kg baby. Would also like it to recline a little (should he need to take a nap) and have some sort of shade/sun protector. Is the Mclaren Volo or Quinny Zapp (?) any good?

thanks!!

jane01 is offline Registered User
    I have a Maclaren Volo and LOVE it, but it doesn't recline. If you need something that reclines, you might try the Maclaren Quest. It is slightly heavier. Have a look at:

http://www.maclaren.co.uk/

I must be out of date on my prams, as I have no idea what a Quinny Zapp is.

hunhun is offline Registered User
    I used to have a Graco. It was light and easy to open/close...it could be reclined and was excellent for travelling.
    Try this link for their products: http://www.gracobaby.com/products/su...=44+57&act=A20
    CAILLOU

CASPER

Slee is offline Registered User
    Both of these strollers don't recline. I think Combi do pushchairs that are very light but also recline.

rani is offline Administrator
    I love my Combi. It doesn't recline fully, but is so light, folds easy and compact.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

thank you

thank you all for your comments - looks like Graco and Combi's the way to go. Is there one shop that has a good selection of both? if not which shops have a good selection either Combi or Graco? thanks!

ollyvia is offline Registered User
    I highly recommend Graco EDT - comes in blue, red and yellow. It can recline almost all the way. Good for newborn. Light (2,5 kg only), comes with hood, big basket underneath, fold/unfold literally with one hand (unlike Maclaren which you have to bend down). All my 3 girls have been using it since they're born, well until they're about 2. Thus they are sturdy and good to hand down. A friend of mine owns Combi. They're of same functions and qualities.

You can find Graco EDT in any Toysrus or Eugene Club in Windsor House, Causeway Bay. The latter shop has Combi as well.

Good luck!

Ollyvia,

excellent - thanks so much for the recommendation, I have to admit I had my reservations about the Volo, esp as it doesn't recline (don't need it to be compeltely flat but comfy enough for my 6 month old baby to take a nap if necessary)...will pop to Eugene Club at CWB today!

Sumei