Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dr. Philip Ho

nawada is offline Registered User

2 good experiences with Dr. Ho

Hi, I have been seeing Dr. Ho for over 3 years! I have 2 daughters, 2.5 yrs old and 1 years old. And now I got pregnant again 10 wks. I gave birth to my 2 sweeties by c-section since my back bone born S-shaped, and so my hip do not have enough space for my new borns to go through. Dr. Ho is an excellent doctor and gave me 2 happy experiences while giving births at HK Adventist Hospital. Since I expected C-section, Dr. Ho gave perfect schedule which is 2 wks before expected date. So that I wouldn't have chance to have the unnecessary pain. And during the C-section, Dr. Ho gave me a warm and relax feeling and I could listen to my favourite gentle song in the surgery room. After giving birth, Dr. Ho would visit you every day. after seeing him in the every morning, I felt like comfort for the rest of my day. :cheerlead

Hm.... in conclusion, Dr. Philip Ho is excellent. I introduced him to my friend, who gave birth to twins (boy and girl) few months ago, she has the same comment to him.
    Last edited by nawada; 08-01-2005 at 02:05 AM.

gingerbik is offline Registered User

nchern44 - Congratulations!

CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR NEW BABY!!

how lovely - first time i read a post of a new baby.
    did you have a baby boy or girl? any names?

Good luck and God Bless .
    -Gin

nchern44 is offline Registered User

Thank you!

Hello Gingerbik!

Thank you so much! I gave birth to a 6 lb 11 oz baby girl. We named her Caelyn Liang.

sandraw is offline Registered User
    Hi Gingerbik-
    I had twins with Dr. Ho 6 weeks ago and can just confirm, what everybody else says: That he is kind and extremely capable.
    My c-section was a breeze and the scar is indeed beautyful and yes-the midwifes did comment on that.On the other hand I had some hormonal and emotional issues and he was very sweet in dealing with that.
    I had virtually no afterpain, which I put down to his surgical skills and was able to go back to some light execise 2weeks after birth. Now 6 weeks on I feel like I never had a major operation.
    With regards to his reluctance in discussing birthing options:You'll find as the B-day comes closer , he will be much more forhtcoming.I guess at 14 weeks pregnant it was indeed to early to discuss anything.You'll have to wait until about 32 weeks before he can even venture a guess, what kind of birth is likely.
    Anyway rest assured you are in exteremly good hands
    sandra

smu_hk is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I have heard that he is a very good doctor, my colleague used him as well. Same comments was heard about the scar. What I would like to know from those who have used him is the charge. I hear that it's exorbitant?! Is that right? Which hospital would you recommend and why?
    I am planning for a second, but still not sure where I should have my second, as I had my first back in Syd, I heard that whenever there's any complications involved, most private doctors send their patients to Queen Mary Hospitals as that's where it's most equipped. Is that true?

Curious to know.
    Su

Hi Smu hk
    Well he is certainly at the more expensive end of HK obs/gyn-however in my oppinion well worth it.Consultations are around $800.$1200 with Ultrasound.I don't think he does "packages", where all antenatal visits are included.His delivery charge depends on what type room you choose,for normal vaginal 16000-26000.For C-Section 22000-36000.
    You can privately deliver at the Mathilda, Adventist or Sanatorium-the Mathilda probably being the "plushest", but certainly well equipped to deal with most kind of emergencies.I think he likes to deliver at the Adventist, if he estimates, that it might be more tricky-he suggested it to me, when I considered having my twins via vaginal delivery (in the end I had a Cesar at the Mathilda, which was lovely-just like a stay in a nice hotel)
    Should something go seriously wrong though you would probably be send to Queen Mary.
    Another option you have is to see somebody privately for your antenatal care and then deliver at a public hospital-lots of people I know found that to a happy medium.
    Best.S.

smu_hk is offline Registered User

Smile Dr. Phillip Ho

Thanks Sandraw,

That's helpful, I had thought that the fees were far more than that, as my colleague said they spent $70K all up with him at the Adventist, in a shared room, with scheduled C-Section. It was a package from what I remember.
    I know that I may have to go CS again, but what you quoted sounds like a more reasonable cost than I expected. Was this a recent delivery?

Hi smu-
    yes it was recent -7weeks ago.By the way, the fees quoted are his personal fees, on top of that unfortunately you'll have to pay the hospital charges!!!!+the Aneasthesist ond so on, so the 70K your friend paid sounds about right for a singleton C-section.I had twins via emergency C-section at the Mathilda and boy-never was I more grateful for good private insurance:)
    Good Luck,Sandra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12