Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adventist mums: did you use a doula? How were the Adventist midwives?

mamamau is offline Registered User

Adventist mums: did you use a doula? How were the Adventist midwives?

Does anyone know the midwife-to-mother ratio at the Adventist? (I know it's 1:1 at Matilda for actively laboring mums.) Would I still need a doula if I were to give birth at the Adventist?

Adventist mothers -- Is there anyone who did *not* hire a doula but still felt being sufficiently taken care of? And is there anyone who wish they had hired a doula?

Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    I gave birth at the Adventist and the mid-wives were excellent! You are assigned a mid-wife as soon as you're admitted and mine didn't leave my side until her shift was over. I was then handed over to another mid-wife who was very professional, patient and kind. They made every effort to follow my birth plan and were super.

Honestly, I don't think you need a doula unless you plan to labor at home for while.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

glee is offline Registered User
    agreed - had bb at adventist & thought the midwives were excellent b4, during & after birth

Sylvieng is offline Registered User
    Same for me. I had 2 midwives, one for morning, and one for the afternoon and nights. Both were excellent and never left my side. Now, I was the only one in labor that day, so I cannot say if it is always like this or not...

rvale is offline Registered User
    I delivered my baby 3 months ago at this hospital. I must say it was a hassle-free stay throughout & I never needed to worry anything / not getting enough help from the mid-wifes. They are all very professional & knowledgeable in attending to my needs & inquiries promptly. 2 thumbs up!!

mamamau is offline Registered User
    Thanks, everyone. Great to know :) Guess we won't hire a doula then.

bellybuttons is offline Registered User
    as per all others above. no need for a doula. staff are good and professional. worry more about what you need to do when you get home and the additional support you will need then. you will get all the attention you need while you are adventist hospital.

if you haven't done so already, you should get to the hospital and head up to the maternity ward. they have pamphlets at the guest counter and also one of the staff can show you around to all the rooms so you can see what is on offer with prices and expectations.

if you want to compare you can head out to matilda, cannossa or sanatarium and do a similar tour to see what standards they have.

good luck with your delivery.

rvale is offline Registered User
    you can also video tour & compare their maternity packages on these hospital's websites (search weblink via google).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast