Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bottled water for Babies

Rianna is offline Registered User

Red face Bottled water for Babies

Hi can anyone give me some advice from their experience on what type of bottled water is suitable to use for formula feed? I know of someone who uses Bonaqua but I aslo know that there is WildAlp for babies and Volvic is another option....of course I want to use only what is most safe for my little one but also something that is easily available when I travel with him.

I was considering WildAlp but if there is a safe alternative available in supermarkets then it would be great to know. Any advice on any of the brands would be great as really need some urgent advice

Shirley is offline Registered User
    Don't use bottled water except the Wild Alps brand as they contain a high percentage of sodium (which of course is not good for such a young baby as their kidneys won't be able to cope). I've used Wild Alps before and it mixes with the formula very easy. They can also drink it straight away without having to warm it up (providing the water has not been in the fridge).
    Hope that helps

carang is offline Registered User
    i used distilled water for my boy...made it easy when i travelled too as it didn't matter which brand i bought...

shalom is offline Registered User
    i was told that distilled water is not good for babies because it contains no minerals. another brand of bottled water that is recommended by my midwife is Evian, which is available almost anywhere.

carang is offline Registered User
    isn't it funny.... i was told not to use mineral water as it might interfere with digestion and there may be too many minerals for baby to handle...

all distilled water is, is the water that condenses after water has been boiledand turned to steam...

as i said, i've used distilled for my boy and he's flourishing... when he was born he was in the bottom 2%, at last appointment, one month ago (5 months old at the time) he was up to the 25%...i'm happy with that!

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    I have yet to give birth, but reading Marium Stoppard's book, they recommend that spring water is the one to buy, should you want to buy bottled water, as distilled water has too many minerals in it for the baby. I guess I'll keep an eye out here for more info.

Rianna is offline Registered User
    I'm still not sure what to use. I have read that distilled water is not good for adults so not sure how it can be good for babies but then again I am no expert. Evian seems to be a practical option since it is available in many countries and most hotels have them too. Anyone else using evian? Any comments? I recently tried to find WildAlp but it was difficult finding it in supermarkets...in fact I think only Citysuper has it...even the Superstore Parknshop don't stock it.

rani is offline Administrator
    Rianna,

We sell WildAlp on ShopinHK. Delivery is free if you buy 4 cases.

Here's the link to the store:
    http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=2

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast