Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Signs of pregnancy

carang is offline Registered User

you are soooooo lucky to have had not much for symptoms!!!!

i think that my boy was trying to make sure that i experienced everything there is to experience during pregnancy! i think he had a check list in there that he was slowly but surely working his way through!!!!

yikes!

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

My period is now 5 days overdue and I still haven't really felt any obvious symptoms. I did a home pregnancy test this morning with Clearblue and I'm a little frustrated coz the result window showed positive (+) but the line running across is very faint but I suppose I should still take it as positive coz if it was negative then there wouldn't be a line running down vertically at all. I was hoping that it would be positive for a long time but now that it is I'm a little anxious. I'm thinking of making an appt with an ob/gyn to confirm this with a blood test. I'm hoping that if I really am pregnant that I don't experience any symptoms esp. morning sickness coz I don't know how I'll survive at work! Thanks all for sharing your experiences with me!

gingerbik is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Good luck

Hey Chy,
    Good luck with the doctors appointment!
    And dont worry about the faint line - we did a test within 2 days of missing my period and it showed so faint that hubby and I laffed at how despo we seemed to be able to "see" the line clearly!
    An it WAS a clear positive - it turned out.
    Any way - do tell how the appointment turns out.
    Take care

Chy

Thanks gingerbik, I still have to decide on a doctor though, really have no idea. The one I saw last is Dr Nancy Fok in TST, and although she's very good I'd like to see one on HK side that doesn't cost an arm & leg. Any recommendations?

gingerbik is offline Registered User

Dr in HK

Hey Chy,

only dr we ever went saw - recommended by a friend - is Dr. Philip Ho. I have no clue what other doctors charge but with him - our first visit cost about 3k - including all blood tests etc and a first scan. After that the costs were about 1400/- with a visit which included a scan. He also offers packages which, in retrospect, we wish we had taken but did not know better at the time
    i think there is a really nice list, somewhere on this site , whcih has all the drs listed witht heir contact details. Rani - could you help with that link, please? That should also help you find a doc on this side.
    take care
    Gin

Chy

I'm wondering; if I don't feel nauseas now which I believe ultimately becomes morning sickness, could I likely be lucky enough to not get it at all or is it too early to know? I guess I should be around 4 weeks counting from the day of conception. Just that I'm told by some previously pregnant friends that if you're destined to get morning sickness, you start to feel nauseas and have the urge to vomit quite early on, often the first indication of pregnancy which I haven't experienced yet. Apart from feeling faint, dizzy, frequent urination, hunger urges, bad skin and fatigue, I'm not feeling another symptoms. I'm hoping and praying that I don't get morning sickness as it would definitely be both embarassing and inconvenient at work and my boss won't be very pleased I'm sure. Would appreciate if you could share your experiences with me, thanks!

Last edited by Chy; 08-28-2005 at 01:19 AM.

carang is offline Registered User

Talking

just so you know chy... most books count from two weeks before conception, which would make you 6 weeks...

that was when my morning sickenss began... although, morning sickness is a misnomer.... it should be called "every bloody minute of the day and night sickness"... at least for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12