Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Signs of pregnancy

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

Signs of pregnancy

Just wondering if once I find out I'm pregnant, presumably from a self-test kit at home, am I required to consult with a gyno/ob straight away or can I wait till I'm more stable, say around 2-3 months? Also, in the first two weeks after conceiving, are there any obvious signs to look out for? I'm in my 32 day cycle but have also had 36 day cycles, so I'm waiting to test myself after that but so far I've noticed that I get tired easily, feel hungry sooner than usual, needing to urinate more often...or maybe I'm hoping to conceive so badly that I'm imagining all this. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

carang is offline Registered User

the tell tale sign for me was excruciating boobs!
    i couldn't roll over at night, hubby couldn't even give me a hug they hurt so badly!!!
    i think that the needing to urinate more frequently happens much later in pregnancy, at least it did for me....

rads is offline Banned

Hi,

For me it was a feeling of queeziness to some food smells...also my home pregnancy test was negative & I thought it to be right till I just happened to mention it to my GP in passing & she asked me to do a test again ( I guess I tested myself just on the 1st day of my new cycle)

Joyce is offline Registered User

For me, it wasw a general feeling of not being well, feeling of my period about to start any minute (!) and certain smells making me feel queasy. My first test was negative and but my second test was positive. I waited a couple of days before seeing an obs. and she was able to give me a scan and confirmed that I was 7 weeks pregnant and give me a rough expected delivery date. Seeing this little thing with a heartbeat inside you was just amazing!

carang is offline Registered User

i did a home test the day after my period was due... it said to wait a minute.. i had a positive result within 20 seconds...

i didn't feel queasy until i hit 6 weeks... then i proceeded to lose over 20 lbs during the next 10 weeks... i was only 5 lbs heavier the day i gave birth than the day i found out i was pregnant...

it was in the week leading up to when i should have gotten my period that i had sore boobs...

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me, I guess it's different for everyone but I'm not experiencing sore boobs or quesiness to smells of food so I guess I'm not in luck there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed coz my period should be due any day now, and if after a week there's still no sign of it then I'll definitely do a home pregnancy test. Hopin n wishin!

Last edited by Chy; 08-19-2005 at 10:13 PM.

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

I felt absolutely fine and without any symptoms whatsoever till the 7th week when I was hit by nausea. I'm pregnant again now and it's exactly the same. I'm now 8 weeks and battling with nausea ! I tested at home a week after my period was due and got a positive almost immediately.

For some people freqrent urination starts later but for many it is one of the first symptoms in the first few weeks. Just remember reading that in the newsletters I'm having delivered to my inbox.

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Don't give up hope - I had no symptoms at all for a really long time. In my whole pregnancy I haven't had any sore breasts or much morning sickness, which everyone else always talks about. The only thing I felt was a vague period pain.

I'm now having a baby in 2 weeks!

HKAussie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast