Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

bb not eating

glee is offline Registered User

bb not eating

my bb is now 6 mths and refusing to eat more than 2oz at a go at 4 hourly intervals. He will not feed at shorter intervals or eat more. Total daily intake for the past week is approx 15 oz. Is this a developmental thing - surely they are meant to eat more than that. He is not gaining weight either but remains playful. In fact, he's also refusing to sleep at night. Would greatly appreciate your experiences as I'm worried he's not growing.

carang is offline Registered User
    my boy, also 6 months, has decreased his fluid intake because he's increased his solid intake. when he wakes in the morning he gets a short breastfeed as a snack... then about an hour later he gets some solid(more and more everyday!) and to top that off when he's finished, he gets a bottle.

that usually does him until around 11-12. then he gets some solid lunch and again another bottle to top him up.

he has a bottle again around 3 or 4 and dinner aroud 6pm. for dinner tonight he had: sweet potatoes, carrots, a very little bit of lamb(first time.... didn't like it at all!), some yoghurt, and bananas with blueberries. he had a little juice. then at 7:45 before bed he had another bottle.

he's started waking at night for another bottle(he has not done this since he was 13 weeks). i think that he's going through a growth spurt and needs the extra energy. i've tried giving him more to drink before bed, but he doesn't want it then.

i guess what i'm trying to say is... maybe your child needs more than just milk now?

glee is offline Registered User
    thanks for sharing. Yes, he's probably a little bored of milk but we've just found out he has a milk and soy protein intolerance and been advised by doctor to put of solids for as long as poss and wait for his gut to mature more. Am trying to source neocate formula to supplement first and then move onto rice cereal.

carang is offline Registered User
    good luck!