Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

still needing helper

NewMover is offline Registered User

still needing helper

hi - we've just moved to hk and need a great helper for sept/october, esp somoene who can look after 2 toddlers. please if you have any recommendations, let me know by dropping a msg! thanks.

rani is offline Administrator

Hi NewMover

We have a few helpers listed in our classifieds here:
    http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=16

Also check the dollarsaver for ads from leaving Expats. I must warn you that the helpers do get a number of calls from prospective employers and you may find them interviewing you instead.
    http://www.dollarsaver.com.hk/ (use the search button on the top)

Lastly, author of "Helper's Helper" Julie Jacobson has kindly shared some tips on selecting a helper and interviewing. Have a read through this thread

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114395

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

kyliedee is offline Registered User

Hi NewMover, you are just who Im looking for. We just recently moved back to Manila for good and we brought our helper from Hong Kong with us. We are releasing her from her contract on September 29, and she is flying back to HK on the same date. I am helping her look for a new employer.

Her name is Sheril. She has a 3 year old daughter in her province in La Union, Philippines. She is great with my 8 month old daughter. The thing that I personally like aobut her is that she has common sense in handling my daughter's needs. Something that you will not easily find in hong kong amahs these days.

It is very difficult for me to release her, since my daughter and her have already formed some sort of bond, but it would just prove to be expensive to retain her in Manila, earning hong kong salary.

She still doesnt have any contact details in hong kong. You can email at [email protected] if you want to schedule an interview with her and I would gladly relay it to her. Thanks.

Kyliedee

bryantab is offline Registered User

Red face Help my helper

We are we are returning to the USA much earlier than expected. I am concerned about my helper. She does not have a job lined up and I do not know anyone who needs anyone right now. She is relatively young and very energetic. Great with my two preschoolers. She can cook western food. She is good with the laundry. She is very flexible.

She is also very nice, almost too nice. I fear that if she goes to the wrong kind of family she will suffer. I am very concerned about her well being and hope to find a place for her before before we leave in two weeks.

Anybody know a way I can help her find a good posting?

:cheerlead
    We found her a place. Thanks everybody!

Last edited by bryantab; 09-08-2005 at 11:23 AM.

Mals is offline Banned

Looking for a helper

Hey Bryantab,

I am looking for a helper.
    We have recently (only 3 wks ago) moved to HK and are currently living in Central. We are moving to Discovery Bay at the end of next week and I need a helper. I have 11month old twins and need someone I will be able to trust with them.

Would you be able to arrange an interview with you helper? How do we proceed from here?

hi

hi Kylie: I sent you an email about your helper. Thanks.

hi

hi bryantab, i just sent you a private msg. thanks.

Swoon is offline Banned

Helper Needed URGENTLY

We had to fire our helper immediately last week and urgently need a new helper since I can't go to work until we find one. Unfortunately, we can only hire one that has completed her contract because the ones that haven't need to exit back to the Philippines and we can't wait for one month processing, let alone a week.

Since we were badly betrayed by our previous helper, this time around we are being extra careful and only want to see those that are well recommended by previous employer.

We are a working couple with a 2.5 year old son. The helper would need to take care of the cooking, cleaning, as well as our son.

Can anyone help recommend a good helper to us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast