Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Limousine service to/from the airport

Mousugumama is offline Registered User

Limousine service to/from the airport

I am travelling to NY with my 5 month old twins in early October and trying to figure out the logistics which is a nightmare. Does anyone know good/reliable limousine service that would pick us up at our place (pok fu lam) to the airport?? We are bringing car seats.
    Also, because this is a ultra long flight and we have two babies, we are also wondering what to do in terms of feeding. Has anyone washed and sterlized bottles on flight?? I'm thinking about using sterlizing tablets...

Su Mei is offline Registered User

hi there,

good luck and stay calm - travelling/flying is like planning the invasion of a country!! On the limo hire side, would recommend Richwheel (call Samson at mobile 90311575) who can provide a large luxury MPV van for your trips from home to the airport and vice versa, I pay HK$500 one way but I do get corporate rates through my husband so it may be slightly more. The drivers we got were very helpful, even helped us down to our apt with all our bags. I was travelling with my husband/baby/maid and ALOT of luggage. You can even request to leave your baby car seats (assuming you are not bringing them along with you on the trip) in the MPV and they will ensure it's in the MPV for your trip back home. Can't help you out on the feeding side as I am still breastfeeding.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

jdang is offline Registered User

Flying with 5 mths old twins? Forget about washing bottles, you'll be too busy even to buckle your seat belt! Just bring as many extra sterilised bottles as you can carry.

I flew from KL to Guangzhou (really short flight compared to HK - NY) when my twins we 5 mths old. We had our hands full with a pair of active babies who were just too interested in everything that was going on. I remember walking up & down the aisle, going into the toilets, nosing in the steward pantry, anywhere & anything just trying to keep them amused & quiet. Of course, typically with twins, you'll have one that will not co-operate when he/she is supposed to. My younger one refused to drink anything as the plane was descending, literally bawling her head off from the pressure in her ears. Everyone was looking, some were whispering, the stewardess were pleading ''Give her a pacifier!" & I just want to yell at everyone to shut up. Thankfully the flight ended & my girls were chirpy once they were on the ground (too many interesting diversions again!).

You might want to pay attention to your seating requirement. Most airline will separate your twins since there's only one basinet attachment on opposite windows & only 1 extra oxygen mask. So they don't like the idea of 2 babies together next to each other.

I hope your trip will be smooth sailing compared to mine! Good luck!

Mousugumama is offline Registered User

Thanks Su Mei for the phone number - I will give him a call.
    Thanks jdang for sharing your experience. We flew with them to Japan when they were 3 month and it went fine but you are right - they are now sooo interested in what is going on around them. I will probably use disposable avent bottles so that I won't have to worry about washing them.
    Luckly, we have reserved 4 seats so that we can sit together and not worry about people in between.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions for really really long flight with 5 months old babies??

Thanks,

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

I just did an 18-hr flight with my baby. It went much better than I expected. For the bottles, I used the disposable playtex ones. Which is much better than sterilizing them on the plane...you won't have any time anyhow. The other thing that distracting her was that I had brought a DVD player with baby eistein. Although you don't want to play it throughout.. you may want to turn it on when you need a break. I also brought lots of small toys. easy to carry and they wont be so bored on such a long flight. Make sure you get the baby bassinet also. althought they might not sleep in it. they may sit and play in it. mine did and i even fed her while she sat in. good luck.

K8sMum is offline Registered User

Good luck with the flight and relax! It's not going to be easy but you'll probably be surprised at how well it will go. I arrived in HK 3 weeks ago with a 2 year old and 5 month old twins. We flew from Manila, Philippines via Ottawa, Canada. Agree that you shouldn't bother sterilizing, use disposable bottles. Also agree that you should invest in the portable dvd player and Baby Einstein. Bring a helper if you can afford it (and can secure a visa) and fly business class if at all possible! I don't know how flexible the flights are but try and fly overnight (at least the 2 year old crashed!). I found our last flight very quick 'cause I was so busy!

jordan2000 is offline Registered User

We just arrived to HK from midwest USA, We have a 4 year old and a 6 month old.
    Our flight plan was from Indiana via Detroit and Tokyo and then HK with a few of hours in between for connections.

We booked our flight at the last minute so the only thing available were in coach.

I would recommend the following if you are stuck in coach.:
    1. Get bulkhead seats.- Airlines have baby bassinets that can fit on the wall of the bulkhead seat. It is not too bad. It is very cramped during meal service though.

2. Use disposable bottles - like previous recommendations.

3. If you are not sure of the water source - bring your own in a thermos.

4. Bring LOTS of wips and diapers + extra change of clothes.. Our infant drank a lot of formula because of the dry air in the airplane. She then turned into a poop and pee generator during the flights.

We bottle fed our infant during descent to relieve the discomfort of pressure change.

Overall - it was not too bad until we ran out of outfits with 2 hours left to Hong Kong.