Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it safe to put baby bath-tub atop a peanut-shaped adult tub? Where to buy?

mamamau is offline Registered User

Is it safe to put baby bath-tub atop a peanut-shaped adult tub? Where to buy?

We've got an adult bath tub with the inside shaped like a peanut ("Haiti 2000" bought at Colour Living). Does anyone have any idea of where we could find a baby tub that would fit snugly enoughly and safely over it?

I called Colour Living about it and they're most UNhelpful...

Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    if you're using a baby bath, why does it have to fit snuggly?
    we have a regular tuba nd just put the baby bath inside... no "snuggness" whatsoever. of course, you never leave the baby alone in the tub, not even for 10 seconds, so i don't understand why you need yours to "fit"....we've now progressed to my boy sitting in the real tub(did this at 5 months ~we got a little seat for him that has suction cups that attach to the bottom of the tub so it doesn't slide around.)

speaking of which, if you are worried that the tub will slid around, just get a couple of the little rubber slip grips for the bottom of the tub...that should do the trick.

Guess I wasn't clear enough - but thanks for your advice regarding the slip gribs! :)

I was hoping to find a baby tub that would fit on top of the adult tub. But now I guess that would be quite unsafe, even if it's a tailor-made one, should it topple over... Guess we'll just get a regular baby tub and put it inside our tub.

Slee is offline Registered User
    I know what you mean Mamamau. The only baby bath of that sort that I've seen is sold by Mothercare. If that model won't fit then I think if one does exist then it's most likely to be found on the US baby web sites.

Thanks a lot, Slee! I just went to Mothercare and found a tub very similar to what we need... only too narrow! *sigh*

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    A friend of mine had a bath fitted into a changing table. You might like to think about this as an alternative if you don’t want to bend down to have the bath on the floor.
    Sorry I don’t know where to buy one.
    SARAH

carang is offline Registered User
    i always wondered about those changing tables with baths...how in the world do you get the water to and from the bath, wouldn't carying the water be very heavy and bad for your back/

Slee is offline Registered User
    Mothercare sell a very basic bath stand that you could set up in your bathroom and, maybe even in your bath or large shower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast