Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Recommend a good Kindergarten in Tai Po

Graham is offline Registered User

Recommend a good Kindergarten in Tai Po

Can anybody recommend a good kindergarten in the Tai Po area? Ideally we would like somewhere where they teach in both Cantonese and English, but with the emphasis on Cantonese, so our little one can pick up at least spoken Cantonese.

I'd prefer somewhere where they have learning through play and little to no homework, as I really don't believe in kids of kindergarten age having homework or exams.

We are a mixed couple, I'm British and my wife is HK Chinese. Our son is now 15 months old and we only speak English with him at home, so his understanding of Cantonese so far is non-existant, but I'd like this to change.

Planning to send him to ESF primary and secondary schools, as I'm not at all keen on the local education system, so figured kindergarten would be the best bet for getting him to pick up spoken Cantonese.

Also, what are peoples views on half day vs full day kindergarten classes? My wife wants him to attend whole day, but that seems a little long to me.

Graham

rani is offline Administrator

Hi Graham,

The PPA have a playgroup in Tai Po. Unfortunately looks like its only in English.

http://hkppa.info/early%20birds.htm

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Graham is offline Registered User

Just wondering, does anybody have any comments or experience with either 'Anchors', 'Zennith' or 'Mink' Kindergartens in Tai Po?

From what I've seen, Anchors seems to have the best facilities, but the silly sailor suit uniforms put me off a bit.

Graham

Nicmum is offline Registered User

Hi,

If you're intrested with schools further away, you could check out Cannan Kindergarten in Kowloon Tong. I've just make a visit there and i think it's a good one with clean environment and spacious rooms. Their playgroups for age 15months and above is conducted mainly in Cantonese and simple English. Their nursery classes will be host by 1 native english teacher and 1 local. The teacher/student ratio will be 1:10.

Gabesmom is offline Registered User

I'd recommend Zebedee at Taipo...the teachers are really well sought after and it's a very friendly school. You can check out their website

index