Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Vacinations

carang is offline Registered User
    i followed the gov't schedule and not had any problems...except the normal slight fever for a couple of days.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    what wrong with prevanar??

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    I have just arrived in HK from the UK and the advice from my doctor and the rest of the UK (which I am going to follow) is to have the combined MMR as close to 12months as possible.

The advice in the UK is pretty comprehensive and as far as I can see, there is no case for not having the MMR done.

My LO is 13 months, and I delayed having the jab in the UK as it would mean it coincided with jet-lag / general upheaval of moving. But now that we are almost settled, I'm going to book the jab as soon as I can.

as Nanzbier also questions, what's wrong with Prevnar (and what is it?)

K

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/prevnar.html

This link has some info. on prevnar- the site is undoubtedly pro-prevnar, so it might be worth doing more research on the risks.

http://www.mercola.com/2001/feb/21/prevnar_vaccine.htm

This link is definetly anti-prevnar.

I think with so much information circulating it is best to speak to a pediatrician that you trust and ask for their opinion. This is what I plan to do, as the info.is so contradictory.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    thanks for the info bekyboo44! is there a huge difference in getting mmr shot one time or separate it into 3 times? I would like to get the shot separated into 3 times, however, I live in china and that would mean i have to bring her in three times! Has anyone's child had bad reaction to the one time shot?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top