Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vacinations

julihk is offline Registered User

Vacinations

Hi I am new to the group and was wondering about giving the MMR vacination to my baby who is now 13 months.
    I know there is debate for both sides but what are most of the mothers doing here?
    I really dont know what to descide as i have heard its not possible to give separate doses here in Hong Kong. Please give advice!!!
    My baby has recieved the usual vacinations from the Government clinic but im confused about this one as heard lots of horror stories.
    Many Thanks

rani is offline Administrator
    Welcome Juli!

have a read through this thread on MMR

MMR jab

Most of us got the shot later, at 18mths.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

julihk is offline Registered User

Mmr

Thanks for the help Rani! Even just to hear you say alot of mums got it done at 18 months makes me feel better already about it!
    By the way its a great site with loads of info for me!

parkviewmom is offline Registered User

separate shots possible for MMR

Dr. Tim Trodd at OT&P gives the MMR in 3 separate split shots.

lioralourie is offline Registered User

IF you're going to vaccinate

it's much safer to delay until the child is as old as possible

and DEFINITELY split up the MMR as well as the DTaP. Prevnar and the other combination shots should be outlawed!!!

Talk to your doc and split up the vaccines. Your child will have a MUCH lower chance of adverse reactions (read the pamphlet, too, the adverse reactions include seizure, death, permanent brain disability, etc)

best,
    Liora Pearlman

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Or, you can say to yourself, "millions of babies across the world receive these vaccinations at these ages every year while very few have dangerously adverse reactions", give the baby the vaccination as per schedule. Have them run the usual mild fever and suffer the mild discomfort and have it be done. The odds are overwhelmingly in your favor.

That's what I did. Every mother in my immediate social circle here in HK did that as well. The babies grizzled a bit and ran small fevers. That was it.
    Last edited by loupou; 05-22-2006 at 11:41 AM.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    It is nice to be in an era where we can debate the merits of when to take the vaccine and it possible side effects, rather than worrying about the number of children being killed off by the various diseases.

bbc mom is offline Registered User
    My son is approaching 13mths and I need to make a decision regarding the MMR jab. My son does have some food allergies and apparently the jab contains some egg protein, so my doctor advised me to first introduce egg yolk then egg white into his diet and make sure he can tolerate this.

If ok, my doctor said I could delay the jab until 14/15 months, or even a bit later if I wasn't planning on taking my son to playgroups. However he didn't recommend as late as 18mths as this would be too close to the DPT and polio boosters.

For those parents who delayed the MMR jab until 18 mths, how soon afterwards did your child get the DPT and Polio boosters? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top