Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

crying

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    thanks all! will try some of the techniques to see which works.. also Sarah will call maggie for borrowing some books! THANKS!

leungpapamama is offline Registered User

crying

Just want to add that it is important to make sure her little nostrils are clean! My baby were crying non-stop until we clean them out...

loupou is offline Baby Guru

Crying baby

Also make sure she is getting enough to eat. W/ my first baby, she was very cranky and it wasn't until I showed my GP how I nursed her that she (the GP) showed me a better way to latch her on so she could get enough w/ each nursing.

The 3 month thing is very true. W/ my second baby (who cried even more than the first) I lept telling myself "100 days, you know it will be much better in 100 days" and it was. I counted them off like a prisoner in a cell.

The sling helps tons. Go out and about w/ baby in the sling and it can really improve your frame of mind.

Good luck

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    leungpapamama

how do i clean out her nostrils? i was told to never stick anything into her little nose and ears... i have a suction but because of the warning, i have not dared to use it.

Angie is offline Registered User

Crying

Hi

Just wanted to say hang in there, as a first time mom it can all be a bit overwhelming. Our daughter had alot of colic symptoms for the first three months, I am a baby massage instructor and it did help alot to calm her. If she can't bear to be without you try the sling as at least you can carry on with other things and she will find great comfort in that. It really helps if she gets decent sleep during the day she will be alot more settled at night. Try to put a piece of your clothing near her when you put her down as the familiar smell will help. If she has wind try pushing her knees into her tummy and hold for 10 sec then stretch her legs out while gently bouncing them this will help relax her tummy and move any gas. Also use a gentle bicycle motion with her legs into her tummy. I know that the general advice is to put her to sleep on her back but as soon as we put our daughter to sleep on her tummy it made the world of difference. We did that at around 3 weeks BUT she did have a alot of neck and head control and is quite strong. I have the angelcare monitor which helped put me at ease.

I agree that she is too young for controlled crying but I honestly wish that we had tried more things to help our daughter learn to self soothe herslef at that age as it only gets harder. She is now 7 months and still wakes frequently at night, I have tried the crying but only let her cry for 15 min max. But it hasn't worked well and has disrupted her whole routine so we will be trying a few other things before resorting to the crying again.

Sorry for the long post but hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12