Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bugaboo prams

rach is offline Registered User
    Great thanks bumblebzz - babytrader looks pretty good so i'll give that a go and you are right the price seems pretty much the same wherever. i can't wait to get it - it will be my first baby purchase - making myself wait a little longer as i'm only 16.5 weeks!

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies,
    My husband and I fell in love with the Cameleon and considering purchasing prior to moving to HK. But...how convenient is it really? If I live in Central will I be able to use it on a daily basis or will it get replaced by something else? What about taking a stroll in the city and going to the grocery store? I mean, the stroller seems too big for HK standards. Hmmm. Please feel free to bombard me with the negatives of the Cameleon--I may benefit from cutting this cost.

Thank you.
    SyL

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User
    Syl,

Personally I don't think the cameleon bugaboo is to big for hkg standards.

It's the pretty much the same size as other comparable brands I've seen around town. (As long as your not comparing it to those cheper lightweight strollers for toddlers)

There are much bigger strollers around than bugaboo (some graco models for instance).
    It really has more to do with how well the bugaboo works in hkg, in comparison to other strollers.

It's hard to say if a bugaboo would be convenient for your lifestyle... what works well for one family, may not for another.

Most of the reviews I read for Bugaboo say they are best for city life...maybe thats why they're so popular in NYC.

I feel confident it will be perfect for us here in hkg. We have a car, but use taxi's from time to time (bugaboo has compatible car seat for taxi's). Live in Sai Kung, but we're in the city every wkend.

For a quick trip to the grocery store I might use my baby bjorn carrier...if I know we'll be out longer then I'll take the bugaboo. It all depends...

Until my bugaboo comes in (and baby is here ) I can't really post a negative comment. Maybe in a few months all us bugaboo buyers should start a "review on bugaboo" thread.

I will say this, the one down side I have read over and over is that the bugaboo cameleon does not fold up as one piece, like most strollers do.

I figure whats the harm in buying one.... if it turns out the bugaboo is'nt right for us, then re-selling it here should'nt be a problem at all.
    (Just take a look at Ebay...the resell value on these is almost the same as the retail value)

Good luck on your choice!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I don't think Hong Kong is particularly stroller friendly, regardless of which one you buy.
    If you live in Central and travel from place to place by taxi, then any stroller should be fine; if you plan to travel by bus or train then you are going to find it difficult, regardless of which stroller you have.
    I have seen a few people out and about in Central with the bugaboo chameleon. And most reviews I have read online about the bugaboo have come from NYC too!
    We plan to buy the chameleon because we feel it is right for us but if you feel you may have problems with it in HK, then maybe you should reconsider, because they do cost a lot!

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    Thank you ladies. I tried looking at other alternatives, Micralite for example (since it folds up in one piece), but keep coming back to the Cameleon. And Micralite seems to have negatives that outnumber the Cameleon faults.

If the Cameleon has been spotted in Central, then maybe I can handle the challenge and since it seems I can get a new one for under $800us/6,400hkd I should go for it.

Bumblebzz: Good luck with your pregnancy! Your advice was great for my husband and I.
    Bekyboo: You make a good point. When you say train--do you mean subway? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with HK.

Thanks again...I can't wait to buy it! I'm considering the red and pink.

sylvia
    Last edited by SyL; 07-01-2006 at 04:19 AM.

Hi,

If you are going to live in Central then trainmeans subway yeah, here it's called the MTR and while it's fast and cheap, it's not ideal for travelling with a stroller- mainly because it is often crowded and there just isn't room for strollers. If you travel at off peak it's less crowded but often getting down to an MTR station involves a lot of stairs! If I was with my husband or friend I might attempt the MTR with a stroller, but definetly not if alone.
    Taxis are cheap and everywhere in Hong Kong and so I think often the better option with travelling with a baby! (although taxi drivers here don't always seem like the best or safest drivers!).

Good luck with your move!

tokyobaby is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone I am a first time mum. I am thinking of buying a bugaboo too and I read one of the comments that the Maxi Cosi car seat is compatible with bugaboo. Sorry for being just completely clueless but how do they fit together? So the bugaboo comes with a cot and the stroller with a seat, can you actually replace that seat with a car seat? Sorry I am totally lost.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The car seat clicks onto the frame of the bugaboo ( the same as the seat and cot for the bugaboo do); so you can choose to use the cot, the seat, or a car seat.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast