Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bugaboo prams

Slee is offline Registered User

Just wanted to say I've been trapsing around HK with my Cameleon for 7 months now and it is the best pushchair I've ever used (been through 3 peg peregos and a maclaren). Although it looks quite big, it's turning circle is so small I haven't found it a problem. Moreover, I often have the Bugaboo toddler board on it and it is the only way I could get around HK with two children without having to drag my helper along too.

If you see a harrased blonde pushing two girls in a black and pink Cameleon then it's probably me. Feel free to stop me and take the pushchair for a quick test drive.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I just did the maths and it seems that buying a bugaboo chameleon from babytrader and having it sent to HK is not necessarily more expensive than buying it anywhere else.
    The bugaboo chameleon costs 663 euros, plus 98 euros for shipping. That works out to be 761 euros, which at today's exchange rate is HK$7,498.
    Considering that Bumps to Babes are advertising the Gecko at almost Hk$7,000 it makes sense to go for the chameleon and have it sent here.

lotusyll is offline Registered User

Cameleon in Shanghai

Dear All

I just bought my own Cameleon in Bremen and brought it back to SH where we live. We used it to for making trips in Germany as well as in the airports. I used a Peg Perego Aria & a Prima Viaggio car seat before giving up on them.

Now I have a Maxi Cosi with my Cameleon and it is great. It looks great and is very stylish, making us feel like a 'yummy family'!

I do find it (with the carry cot) to be a little bulky for SH but perfect with the Maxi Cosi car seat. The only 2 cribs are that the cot / seat has to be separated from the chassis to be folded and the folding can be quite clumsy (both hands and a foot is required).

I just saw a Quinny Buzz on the net (which goes with a Maxi Cosi) that folds & unfolds automatically (so only 1 hand is required), and is extremely compact too. It has some features that seems to model on the Cameleon e.g. the seat has different positions (sitting & lying is possible). Plus it also has a carry cot.

I do not know how true the one-hand automatic 'thingy' is since I have not seen it in the flesh. Plus the Mclaren also claims something similar.

Has anyone seen the Buzz?

:bfeeding

alibali is offline Registered User

Quinny Buzz

Hi,
    I am in the Netherlands right now and been researching strollers. Quinny and Bugaboo strollers are really common in Amsterdam, where I am temporarily staying. The Quinny Buzz is easy to open- you give the handle bar a firm bump with your hand and it springs up relatively automatically, which is really convenient. However, because of this feature, folding it is a little cumbersome. Once the stroller is folded, you have secure a little strap to a knob to be sure that if the stroller is accidentally bumped, it won't automatically spring open. The strap is heavily elasticated and I found it tricky to stretch it to the knob. Also, the buzz is a bit heavier than bugaboos. Other than that, I really liked it- I am short and the Buzz seemed to fit more with my size than the Bugaboo's. I also found the big drawbacks with the bugaboo's to be the complicated folding process, the fact that the seat has to be taken off to be folded (so not handy on public transport) and that the folded frame doesn't stand on it's own (also not handy on public transport). I am looking at a stroller here in the Netherlands called a Maxi Cosi Citi Taxi- it's a relatively lightweight stroller that holds the Maxi Cosi carseat or a maxicosi/ quinny carrycot. Once I'm done with these, it's simply an easy to use/light stroller. It doesn't have the big wheels of Quinny and Bugaboo, but is folds easily and stands on its own. It's the closest thing I can find to doing everything from birth to toddler.

eplo19 is offline Registered User

I've bought a Bugaboo Cameleon and now sold it and bought a Peg Perego Pliko P3 . The Cameleon Bassinet was very nice for our newborn -however,it was too bulky for HK citylife. If you're going out via taxi- it's even harder as it came in 2 parts !

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

Lotusyll: I will be moving to Shanghai and will purchase the Cameleon from the US. Fortunately my sister will handcarry it for me.

Just out of curiousity, how much do these strollers go for in Bremen?

lotusyll is offline Registered User

Hi Syl

The full set (carry cot, seat, tailored fabric & Maxi Cosi connectors) cost us 750 EUROs. We got it from Baby Markt in Bremen and the staff there were great in introducing the Bugaboo as well as other brands like Hauck. But I wanted the Bugaboo from the very start.

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

Lotusyll,
    Thanks for the reply. I came to HK with the impression that things would be cheaper than US, but I have found that it is not the case at all. Many brand names are much more $$$. I just wonder how locals with local pay can afford such luxury items!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast