Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Malay speaking Mother and baby group

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Thanks Kara for the consulate info. Will call to check tomorrow.
    Wi
    Also thanks to those who had kindly shared your favorite dim sum restaurants with me. Now I have more choices.. Cityhall, Zen at Pacific Place, Le Meridien Chinese restaurant, Disneyland Hotel Chinese restaurant (semuanya sangat mahal lah...) and there is one in Jardin House which I cannot remember the name (maxim's?) and a few more I don't know where they are..hee...

Har-loi is offline Registered User
    Hi Wee Kean,

Thank you so much for organising a farewell dinner for me and also makan-makan gathering at your place. Looking forward to it. So much has been happening for the past few days and I really need to chill out a little and meet with all:) It's so stressful moving!

See ya!

PH
    Last edited by Har-loi; 11-15-2006 at 07:49 AM.

kara23 is offline Registered User
    Hi
    Can't make it for the 22/11 dinner, will be away, but definitely will be there for 28/11 lunch. So count me and Daniel in.
    ok, will try to make some yummy delicious dessert!

jane9898 is offline Registered User
    Please count me in for 22Nov dinner and 28Nov lunch with Moses. I will make a cold mango cheeze cake - anyone fancy not malaysian-related dessert? And yes Weekean please prepare a small portion of lunch for Moses (half a rice bowl of everything u make for kids) - he is very fussy about food but can try - we'll never know!

Please email me with your home address and some simple direction. I should get there before 1330 - just right for dessert time isnt it?

Momo & Jane

Hi all,

Farewell for PH is rescheduled to next next Monday, ie. 27th of Nov at Sabah, Wan Chai. Can you still make it?

Re lunch gathering on 29th of Nov (not 28th lah), due to some unavoidable circumstances, I have to re-schedule it to other day. Sorry about this. I will organise something for Christmas in Dec, ok?

Happy Birthday to Momo!
    Last edited by Wee Kean; 11-15-2006 at 09:33 PM.

jane9898 is offline Registered User
    Weekean, reading your old posting about food it reminded me- since our last dinner in Sabah I wanted to share my feelings about local food and YamCha

AFter being here for so many years, from hating local food till loving it. I guess we just need to adjust ourself and adapt to life as adapting to present situation is always a lesson of life too. :blahblah

I remember I hated very much for those no-taste local style of rice-dumplings (zhong-zi) as compare those my mom makes which always taste much more better Becos my mother usually fries the rice with Five-Paste-powder and 8-kok aroma paste. But what my MIL does is only the normal preparation of rice and very strangely she adds in greenbeans(no taste) with boiled fatty pork(no taste) and some beans(no taste). From this description above i believe u could imagine how tasteless a zhong-zi could be?
    :alien:
    But she makes it twice a year (CNY & May) and delivery at least big 4 pcs (about 10*10cm pyramid shape/tall) to each of her children's family as gift and blessing from the parents. Thats not all, she also makes steam carrot cake(which taste excellent) and some toher steam chiense cakes as a gesture of welcome food for all visitors during CNY.:alien:

I remembered I hated i t and worried how am i going to finish those big 4 since it cant be kept for more than a week and Ed only came home for dinner after work so i was the only person who was suppose to finish them and i had no one to deliever them to. But Im alwyas a guai-guai DIL so i had never thrown them into dusbin but fnished them with lots n lots of chilly paste - the best i oculd do with them :) And i usually ended up with gestric or if im lucky i only get too full and no room for other food since i usually takeone for as one day's meal.

HOWEVER things change!! Maybe after pregnancy for the change of taste or just becos i get to used living here after learning to be a mother. I started to tolerate and like to tolerate whatever comes to me.

And I start to like her cooking and the rice dumplings too. I found the rice dumplings are actually come with kind of special arome from the leaves and thats why she has to keep the food in 'no taste' - maybe. :alien: I then overheard that every year before the festival she usually have someone from hometown to bring her big bunch of arome rice dumplings leaves. I shall be more thankful for all things others have done for us

I guess it also means that everythign has got two sides and depends on how are we see it. I believe she is much more experienced than my mom in making of rice dumplings or any other traditional chinese food. And I have to live on with whether i want to love my malaysian-chinese food or a local style of Chinese food.

Under such a circumstances, in the next time when u go try local food such as yamcha, the typical hongkong living life style, you may want to try to leave the chillis and try how the food is actually tasted. I sure understand how hard it is - but i havent been on chillis for years now when i go yamcha.

As for yamcha or any hongkong style of meals - i think the Maxim group has been doing excellent. We choose nothing but only Maxim when we have to take our guests for dinner to tell them what is hongkong food about. Anything from the days' choice sets should be fine which are usually included some must try and as a chinese style of starter before meals - roasted goose together with siew-mei (the mixed plate with cha siew, roasted pork-siew york, some jellyfish,etc.)
    Last edited by jane9898; 11-15-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Sejuk sejuknya!

Alamak, sejuknya! Tak boleh tahan lah!

I know I am getting better... when I first came to HK two years ago, I started to use heater from Oct till April the next year! I know this is funny but I was soooo cold... besides, I was just given birth so my body was very weak...

Last year, I was better... only started to have heater on in Nov till March. This year, I don't know whether it is because my body is getting used to HK's winter or the weather only started to get cold these few days, I still can survive without heater..hee.. but, it was sooo cold last night I have to sleep with my hot water bottle! Sejuknya!!! It looks like I have to ask my husband to take the heaters out in a few days time... may be tomorrow?

I must say, I don't think I will ever like winter... have to wear soooo many layers of clothes!! If I am at outdoor, still ok, because those layers kept me warm. However, when I walked into a shopping mall or supermarket, my god, sooo hot and clumsy! Even I took the jacket off and put it on my daughter's pushchair, it is still very Mah Fan to carry here and there (and heavy too!) I know it looks smart to wear boot/scarf/big jacket/hat etc, however, I can only wear those when I am going out with my husband. Whenever I take my daughter out, the lesser the better, so I always ended up "underdressed" or wore something not very fashionable...aiya :( That's why I am down with cold since Friday!!!!! Kepala sakit!

Am I the only one here???

p/s: Jane, now I am learning not to eat dim sum with chilli sauce. You are right, it is not bad :)

elaine is offline Registered User
    Turned on the heater last night.
    Was not sure how to dress the baby though. Did not want to overheat her and at the same time, worried she is underdressed.

elaine

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast