Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Malay speaking Mother and baby group

mummybee is offline Registered User
    aiyah...what happened?? my message got erased!!!!!! [email protected]

Anyway, just wanna say i agree with you all re cold nights. last night for the first time, i took out heater to warm up room before bedtime. that not being all, the hot water bottle was also out to warm up my poor shivering body. tonight i am placing the electric blanket to combat the chill. aiyah, don;'t know why i can't stand the cold this year. i grew up in melbourne australia and were never bothered by the cold. even in peak winter when temp is 10C or below i did fine with two - three layers of cotton apparel (can't ake wool as i itch like mad). now i can't even stand the START of HK winter??? think you are right, wee kean, birthing must make the body weaker. i feel as if my feet are permanently numb because they are sooooo cold, even with socks.
    my 15 month old girl, though, excels in the cold. she kicks off blankets, sweats even last night with the heater in the room, yet her hands/legs are nice and toasty!
    jane, don't even remind me of sabah food. anyone else who thinks of food when they are cold??? i am constantly eating these days and man, piling on the pounds. what more thinking of the real-tasty 'kampong" food? miss the fresh and cheap seafood cooked witht he simplest spices, and the kopitiam chinese banana fritters and pork balls/insides mee-hoon soup for breakfast (which nowhere else in this entire planet prepares it the same way - does sandakan has this?)......wah, salivating as i am typing....

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Happy Christmas everybody!

Anyone free to get together next Thursday 28th of Dec, at about 7.30pm? The venue is... how about a nice little tea house in Soho, Central? The restaurant is called "Vbest Tea House" at Elgin Street, Central.

Please email me if you would like to join this Christmas night out.

Tuesday was our wedding anniversary and my husband got me a lovely bouquet of flowers and an electric underblanket! Now, everynight I have a warm and toasty bed to sleep on! Hooray!!!

Have a great Christmas!

Hi all,

Forgot to mention, if you would like to join this Girls' night out, please let me know on or before 26th of Dec so that I can make reservation.

After the dinner, we can go to LKF for a drink too!

Selamat Bercuti!

wee kean, i am sorta new here, but would love to join you all next thursday. i live close to elgin street so venue is great. need I do anything else? BTW would the tea house be opened on 28th? If this place is located on the slope on a side street, which I have been a few times, they have occasionally closed for business on "normal" weekdays.

Hi Mummybee, welcome to join us! I have called up to check with them. They will be opened next Thursday.

Actually, I have just found a Malay/Indo restaurant in my guide book, called "Ba Li House" at Peel Street, Central. Have you been there before?

May be we should have Malaysian food instead of Chinese food? Please let me know which one do you prefer.

So far, 4 mums confirmed coming (including you, Mummybee)

I know Ba Li House. Food is moderate and place is old and not conducive to sitting for long time, ie backless chairs.

Do you know of the new cafe concept restaurants with sofas and soft lighting on the slope to Staunton st not sure of the street name - going uphill they are on the right side. Culture Club (big sofas) and Sahara (cafe type also but not as spacious) are two places I recall. They don't serve malaysian food though. I can make a trip there to enquire if you wish.

Having siad that, I am not fussed and don't mind any type of food - indian also can, indo also can. good company is what counts right? : )

What do others think?

Everytime we went to Sabah in Wan Chai, we at least stayed for 3 hours or more...hee.. so we need somewhere comfortable to sit for long hours and don't mind us laughing out loud :)

It seems like Vbest Tea House is better? Mummybee, I think most of us don't mind the place. Can you suggest one? If not, we will stick with Vbest Tea House then.

We have 5 mums confirmed now.

Mummybee, can I have your email address please?
    Last edited by rani; 06-14-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast