Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Malay speaking Mother and baby group

SF Gal is offline Registered User

Thanks for the welcome wish. I had really bad morning sickness (all day) for the last 3 months, so I have not had a chance to meet other moms and moms-to-be, as I was stuck at home all the time, unable to do anything. Thought it would never end but it started going away last week and I am so so happy. Now I can get back to my routing and I am looking foward to meeting everyone at the next gathering...

alice_ng72 is offline Registered User

Hi everyone - I am a Malaysian Chinese from Johor! Apa khabar, semua?
    Well, my malay is quite bad now..since I left malaysia when I was 17, and stayed in singapore for 10 years. My husband is also a Malaysian Chinese and we have both been in HK for the last 6 years. I recently gave birth to a baby boy and Aidan is 4 months old now.
    We live in Happy Valley and I am a stay-at-home mum (stopped work ever since I had Aidan) - would be great if we could meet up sometime for coffee to chat about rendang, nasi lemak, laksa and off course our precious bayi - s.

Or if you guys are interested...we could take turns hosting lunches like what Tisha has suggested. Perhaps nasi lemak?

Alice

kara23 is offline Registered User

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by alice_ng72
    Hi everyone - I am a Malaysian Chinese from Johor! Apa khabar, semua?
    Well, my malay is quite bad now..since I left malaysia when I was 17, and stayed in singapore for 10 years. My husband is also a Malaysian Chinese and we have both been in HK for the last 6 years. I recently gave birth to a baby boy and Aidan is 4 months old now.
    We live in Happy Valley and I am a stay-at-home mum (stopped work ever since I had Aidan) - would be great if we could meet up sometime for coffee to chat about rendang, nasi lemak, laksa and off course our precious bayi - s.

Or if you guys are interested...we could take turns hosting lunches like what Tisha has suggested. Perhaps nasi lemak?

Alice
    Yes, it would be great to get together for a Malaysian feast!! I am quite bad with making malaysian food since I left home young so I am looking forward to "stealing" some recipes! I'm originally from KL, have been in HK for almost 10 years!! So let's meet up soon!

Har-loi is offline Registered User

Hi All,

My Indo. helper makes good nasi lemak and I have ikan bilis (got from melaka) and we can have sambal ikan bilis, if you all can eat spicy stuff! Yummy:)

I do not mind to host the first gathering at my place for those who are interested in meeting up. However, I live over at Kowloon side, THe waterfront (just above Kowloon airport express station).

My suggestion:-
    Date: THis Friday, 9th June 2006
    Time: 1.00pm
    Place: The Waterfront
    Agenda: Makan-makan at my place, then we can head to the toddler's play area (indoor or outdoor).

Those who are interested, you could email me at [email protected] or call me at 64140598.

See you all soon!

Last edited by Har-loi; 06-07-2006 at 12:41 PM.

Har-loi
    pls check pm. thanks

kara23

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Dear fellow Malaysians,

Check this out:

http://www.msiahk.com/

I have some questions:

Where can I eat "Pan Mee"? They don't serve it in "Sabah"

Where can I buy "Su Zai Cai" - the vegetable that serve together with "Pan Mee"? I coudn't find it in local market nor Wan Chai Market :(

Thanks!

Why the total silence suddenly? Will be going back to KL in Aug so hoping to meet up soon! Let's plan something (brunch or coffee) or just let the kids play in the clubhouse playroom. My boy turns 1 tomorrow!!

kara

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Congratulations to you kara23! Where do you live? I live in the Belcher's, Pokfulam. Our indoor playroom is terrible so I won't invite you there. The weather is really hot these days so I usually go to Gymboree or public playrooms in Shek Tong Tsui or Western Park Sport Centre.

My daughter is 20 months old and she is beyond my control so I stop eating out with her (unless my husband is coming) Too stressful!

I don't have plans for next two weeks so all of you are welcome to come to my apartment to have lunch together. After that, we can either go to Rumpus room or Gymboree or the public playrooms. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

Har-loi and MainFong, are you going to Gymboree tomorrow? Fancy some HK style Pan Mee? I taught my helper to prepare it the other day, not exactly the same but not too bad. Call me if you are hungry!

SF Gal, I tried to call you but no line. Are you in HK?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast