Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speech Therapist needed

Valencia is offline Registered User

Question Speech Therapist needed

I'm looking for a speech therapist for my daughter, preferably in Kowloon, medium priced. Any recommendation? Thanks.

hunhun is offline Registered User
    Hi Valencia,

HKU runs a speech therapy clinic:- http://www.hku.hk/speech/clinic/speech-e.htm

THE SPEECH AND LANGUAGE CENTRE also provides assessment and therapy for children and adults with communication difficulties. Tel: 2817 5450, www.slcentre.com

There is also one called THE STEP CENTRE http://step-hk.com/

Unfortunately, they are all on the HK side.

Hunhun
    CAILLOU

CASPER

Thank you very much, Hunhun. I've already talked to HKU and SLcentre this morning. HKU therapists are students (I prefer professionals). I'm thinking on SLcentre, though it's far away. I don't think Step Centre does 30 min sessions. Thank you very much for your care.

How's your weight loss progressing? Does the rice cereal work? I've lost another 4 pounds by pills, but I'm afraid of the yo-yo effect.

Hi Valencia,

Glad you found one who can help your daughter. Thank you so much for asking, but my weight somehow still seems completely stagnant despite eating rice cereal three meals a day. It's really annoying me as my tummy still sticks out. I know I should do jogging or something...but sports has never been my forte. I've only liked swimming, but I'm too embarrased to be seen wearing my swimming costume. What a silly dileama I have here...hahahahha

Hunhun
    CAILLOU

CASPER

rani is offline Administrator
    Valencia,

A friend of mine is a Speech Therapist. She's trained in the US and does assessments privately from her residence. I can PM you her contact information. She lives in Mid-Levels.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Hi, Hunhun,

I didn't know you eat rice cereal 3 meals a day. No, you shouldn't, especially if you are breastfeeding. You need real food for nutrients. I eat them only for lunch, and I often go hungry within 2 hours and start eating again. They're effective on the first few days but like you, my weight became stagnant, and I started on the pills 2 weeks ago and stopped the cereal. But now my weight is becoming stagnant again. Sorry for changing this thread into a weight loss thread.

Rani,

Thanks, but I live in Kowloon. I prefer one in Tsimshatsui or Jordan, if possible. Thanks anyway.

Hi Valencia,

Oh thanx for letting me know. I am not breastfeeding though, sigh! (long story, basically Caillou had a bit of a trouble when he was born and he stayed in the hospital for so long that by the time he came home, my supply was dry). So, maybe that's the reason why I stay chubby.

Hunhun
    CAILLOU

CASPER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast