During the first two months, my baby also was quite difficult. Like for you, I was nursing her all the time. Sometimes, she was really hungry, sometimes, she will just take me as a geant pacifier. Like you, it wasn't without consequences for my nipples. I have had sore nipples, and was even bleeding at one time. Every time I had to nurse her, I was near tears ! So I have read a lot about breastfeeding, and it seems that she wasn't latching on well.

So after this small introduction to tell you that you are not alone and that having and caring for her baby is not so easy at all (I'm going crazy with all these people telling me : "But, are you not bored at home ?"), let me tell you about all the solutions that had worked for mine, some have already been mentionned :

- taking lot of time to burp her. Sometime, the burp will come out even after half an hour later !!!

- massaging her tummy in a round motion, clock wise. But I didn't use any oil.

- putting her to bed, but staying with her with one hand on her tummy and the other stoking her head like I sometime do when she's nursing and humming a song ("love me tender" worked fine for me), just so she can hear my voice.

- On very last resort, - because I'm a little bit afraid of this solution after all I've read about the Sudden Infant Death Syndrom - I would put her to sleep on her tummy. She would never cry long once like this, and most of all, she will sleep way longer than on her back. I only let her sleep like this during the day when I can often go and check on her. I have notice that once wake up, her tummy is much smaller, the air has been coming out naturally.

- Father solution : He carries her around with her tummy in his hand and her head near the elbow and the other arm is securing her. I have just read today in the book "The womanly art of breastfeeding", that it is call the colic hold ! I just don't know where he has picked up this one ;-)

- Grandmother solution : she does a small nest with cover and pillows and put her in the middle. Like my 'on the tummy' solution, it is only okay for me if it is during the day so that we can check often if she is ok and controlling that she can breath freely. I think that she feel secure in her nest, like when she was in the womb.

To conclude, now that she is nearly 4 months old, I just have to put her to bed, play her music box and stroke a little her head to put her to sleep. I'm not even waiting for her to really sleep before leaving her :cheerlead

I hope that one of these solutions will help you too.

Best wishes,