Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheap sticker books?

jane01 is offline Registered User

Cheap sticker books?

My 2 year old LOVES sticker books and is currently completing about one a day. I have been buying them from toystores, Dymocks and Bookazine at about HK$50 each. It is getting to be an expensive exercise !

Does anyone know where I can get cheaper versions?

I have tried buying stickers and a book of blank paper but it is not good enough for my fussy miss.

Thanks

hunhun is offline Registered User

You can get cheap ones (HK$10 each) from the stall that sells cartoon stuff on Lei Yuen East Street in Central. Ask the lady shopkeeper for them as she normally keeps heeps of them in a hidden drawer.

CAILLOU

CASPER

rani is offline Administrator

D loves sticker books too! We sell a few on ShopinHK. They start from $24

Here are a few:

Wiggles

http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=835

Madagascar
    http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=1278

http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=1265

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

hunhun is offline Registered User

THe other day, I bought sheets (HK$8 per large sheet) of Thomas the tank engine "windows stickers" (no glue on them, just shiny backings that stick onto smooth surface, like the labels you use to stick the car registration thingee onto the car windscreen) and let my son stick them onto the wall mirrow. He loves it soooooooooooo much, enjoying the fun peeling them off and move the stickers around everyday. Those stickers come in lots of different cartoon characters. I bought them from a cartoon stuff stall along Queen's Road East. They are GREAT...cheap and cheerful, and more importantly, REUSABLE!

CAILLOU

CASPER

jane01 is offline Registered User

Need more help!

Hunhun - can you give me more directions to that store in the lanes? I went there at lunchtime and couldn't find anything that sold cartoon stuff. I asked at a few other stores, but no luck with the sticker books, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help

Valencia is offline Registered User

My husband bought 2 sticker books (ABC sticker book) and (Time sticker book) at the lobby of the Hunghom railway station (it's a temporary book exhibition and has ended now). The books cost $10 each, by Hinkler. Their website is www.hinklerbooks.com. You can see the images by clicking on Colour and Activity and then Hinkler Sticker Books. I believe they are available in local book shops, but the price may be much higher.

Last year in June I bought the hard cardboard books of the same series (First Animals, ABC, Words, and Numbers) at $9.90 each (special price) in an English book shop (I forgot the name) on the 5th level of the New Century Centre in MongKok , next to the railway station. But I haven't been there since then, maybe it's gone by now. There were many other books on sale then. Next time I'm there I'll have a check.

Last edited by Valencia; 10-05-2005 at 04:46 PM.

Valencia is offline Registered User

My husband told me there's a temporary stall selling the Hinkler sticker books and the cardboard books today at $9.90 at the plaza in Metropolis Residence (next to the Hunghom railway station). There are Disney story books too at $19.90 or $29.90 (he can't remember) and other activity books. However, he doesn't know if it's still there tomorrow (these stalls last only a few days).

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Jane01, I saw some for sale at the 2nd floor "bazaar" in Marina Center in Ap Lei Chau for around $6-$7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast