Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Soya Milk

Valencia is offline Registered User
    I'm no tofu expert. You can check at this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu#Production.

Shek kou is the coagulant used in making Chinese tofu, I think they use mainly calcium sulfate. Tofu is a traditional food. My father and I have been eating lots of tofu for years and we still stay alive and healthy. However, don't cook it with spinach since people say it will have a chemical effect.

Enjoy your tofu. :missingto
    Last edited by Valencia; 10-25-2005 at 11:52 AM.

Poonam Mir is offline Registered User
    Soya milk is made of beans, and beans can give u gas or accidity problem. If anyone takes soya milk, please make sure that it is made fresh and consumed on that day itself. I was on a crash diet, and I was drinking soya milk instead of skim milk, and I used to get back pain, and was told by a friend, that it is due to taking the soya milk if not freshly made.

Poonam Mir,

I suspect your problem is due to the lack of calcium or the presence of uric acid rather than unfresh soy milk. My late mom had been suffering from osteoarthritis since she was fifty, mainly pain on the knees. The government clinic gave her a leaflet on which were a whole list of food to avoid, mainly soy food, mushrooms and dried food.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Does anyone heard of these few soya bean drink? "So Good" "So Natural" and "Calci-plus"? I always drink "So Good" because it is non-GM soya bean. However it is always out of stock in Wellcome. A friend suggested "Calci-plus" but it doesn't seems like using non-GM soya bean. My husband bought me "So Natural" recently which is non-GM soya but it tastes weird and salty as it uses sea salt. Why sea salt and is it good?

Can anyone recommend other brand of soya bean drink (non-GM, added calcium and unsweetened) I always bring a pack of soya drink or milk with me wherever I go (not much time to have lunch or breakfast properly)

Thanks!

Salty soy milk is Shanghai style. Shanghai people eat them with Chi Fan (Shanghai rice dumpling), very delicious.

I've seen a soy milk machine at Watson's that costs $238 today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12